BRIDGE Housing is a leader in affordable housing development, ownership, and management across the West Coast. Headquartered in San Francisco, BRIDGE has expanded its high quality developments and services to Southern California and the Pacific Northwest. We are looking for an accomplished Director of Development to provide expert guidance to our Northern California team.
As a Director at our San Francisco office, you will supervise and mentor a team of 5-6 development staff including Project Managers and Project Administrators. You’ll oversee and manage a variety of complex multi family developments; our portfolio includes transit-oriented, master plan, mixed-income, supportive housing, and rehab, all with a focus on sustainable development and maintaining affordability for working families and seniors.
At BRIDGE, we pursue quality, quantity and affordability in our development projects, so we’ll count on you to ensure that projects adhere to our high standards and industry best practices. You’ll lead and motivate both internal and external teams, acting as a representative of BRIDGE to development partners, contractors, and other stakeholders. The Director reports to the Senior VP of Development for Northern California.
What you bring
- Expertise in real estate finance and deal structuring, specifically LIHTC and other affordable housing finance sources
- Extensive hands-on experience with all phases of the development process for multi-family properties in California
- Demonstrated dedication to high quality development standards
- Strong leadership skills and commitment to mentoring staff
What we offer
- Collaborative environment with opportunities to learn from leaders in affordable housing
- Fees paid for industry conferences, trainings, and memberships
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year
- Salary plus high quality, cost-effective benefits and monthly cell phone allowance
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with 3% employer contribution and up to 3% match
- Supervise development staff and direct their work through all phases of development
- Research funding sources and assist project managers with financial structuring of projects
- Supervise and guide contractor and consultant selection process
- Review and approve project schedules and budgets, pro forma, funding applications, legal documents, financial projections, internal board approval reports, etc.
- Participate in project-related meetings as necessary
- Maintain a supportive team environment and implement team building activities and ongoing training
- Collaborate with Business Development to review pipeline opportunities and assess staffing plans
- Build and maintain relationships with government agencies, joint developers, lenders and investors
- Present projects to subcommittee of Board of Directors and seek requisite approvals
- Collaborate with internal leaders on processes for reporting and database management
- Represent BRIDGE at industry wide events and speaking engagements as appropriate
- 5 8 years of experience leading a team in the development of complex developments such as mixed use, mixed income, master plan, acquisition/rehab, etc.
- Experience working with government agencies and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; graduate degree preferred
BRIDGE Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Should you need any assistance or accommodation in our application process, please contact Human Resources at (415) 989-1111.
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job