Ravinia Capital Group
Job Location: Chicago IL
Background: Ravinia Capital Group LLC (“RCG”) is a Chicago-based real estate investment firm whose primary activity is real estate investment and ownership. Founded by seasoned real estate professionals with 40 years of combined investment, asset management and redevelopment experience, our team has completed over $3.0 billion of acquisitions and dispositions throughout various economic cycles. We own over $350 million of office, industrial, retail and multifamily real estate primarily in 4 US submarkets (Chicago/midwest, southeast US, Texas and Phoenix/Scottsdale), with a goal of $1 billion of investment.
Our Investment Focus:
- Value Added and Core-Plus Real Estate Investment
- Direct Investment and Joint Venture Investments
- Property Re-capitalizations with Existing Real Estate Owners
Job Description: Vice President, Acquisitions: Work closely with the firm’s professionals to assist in the growth of the real estate private investment portfolio. This role will focus on new business development, execution of real estate transactions and mentoring to the firms’ associate/analysts. Broad exposure as well to asset management functions and assisting with asset operations.
Compensation will be competitive, with an opportunity to join the business as a principal. Also, the candidate will receive additional professional experience and exposure in all aspects of real estate investment, finance and development.
Responsibilities include the following:
- New Business Sourcing: Working with known owners/operators, brokers and institutional owners on sourcing new transactions.
- Mentoring junior professionals, analysis of real estate acquisitions and/or dispositions. including preparation of cash flow projections in ARGUS and excel. Financial modeling experience in excel is required and in ARGUS optional.
- Preparation and review of detailed memos used to evaluate investment opportunities. Includes preparation and delivery of management presentations to investors, the investment committee and senior management
- Assist with developing support documentation for investment decisions and meeting any investor requirements, as well as oversee the collection of market research to support assumptions
- Willingness to assist with assessing risks and opportunities. Will learn about asset diversification, both in terms of asset type and geography.
- Assist in other projects and requests, as required.
- Travel will be required
Qualifications include the following:
- Five to ten years experience in a real estate investment firm as an investment/acquisitions role.
- Highly motivated individual with a high interest in real estate investment and finance
- Bachelor's Degree, with 5+ years or more of real estate financial analysis. MBA or equivalent degree not necessary, although helpful.
- Strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to apply analytical skills with attention to detail. Ability to work in team environment a must.
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Skilled in excel analysis
- Familiarity with real estate finance, basic real estate operations, leasing and development concepts preferred
Other: Ability to work in a time-constrained environment (with deadlines).
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.