Position: Vice President – Asset Management
Reports to: Managing Director Asset Management
The Vice President of Asset Management is responsible for managing a diversified portfolio of real estate assets within the United States. Assets include multifamily, retail, industrial and office. The primary responsibility is to develop and execute strategic operating plans to maximize the value of the properties managed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively oversee the performance of a distinct portfolio of assets by engaging with third party property management firms, investment partners, and other key third parties to effectively manage and execute investment strategies across a variety of property types.
- Prepare annual business plans that measure performance against established operating metrics and set goals and objectives for each year based upon the underlying strategy at hand.
- Oversee leasing and property management professionals. Review lease forms, establish operating and leasing objectives. Negotiate term sheets and review creditworthiness of prospective tenants for office and retail assets.
- Monitor on going investment performance by participating in weekly calls with property managers and investment partners.
- Analyze market activity and become knowledgeable about direct competition on both a national and localized perspective.
- Review monthly operating statements in detail, ensuring adherence to annual business plans and established operating protocols (including lender and internal compliance metrics are met). Identify, review, and provide solutions to any and all operational issues that impact the financial performance of a particular asset.
- Assess cash flow needs of the property and work with Accounting/Finance to authorize property level distributions on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate the disposition process by managing all due diligence material necessary to market a property and assist the Managing Director of Asset Management with the sales process. Review closing statements and follow-up on post-closing obligations.
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly investor reporting detailing, property financial performance, variance analysis, property operations, and current market conditions.
- Support the investment process during property acquisitions by collaborating with acquisition team members in reviewing and performing due diligence on potential investments.
- Experience: Approximately eight years relevant work experience is required. In addition to an asset management background, acquisition, finance and accounting experience are beneficial. The candidate must have a proven track record asset managing various property types.
- Knowledge: Must possess the ability to undertake detailed analyses and to make pragmatic recommendations to senior management. Excellent writing and presentation skills are a must. Proficiency in financial analysis and Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Argus software are required. Must be able to efficiently work with a minimum amount of supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Communication: Must have the necessary temperament to handle challenging situations while professionally managing third party relationships and have good interpersonal skills to work with other members of the Real Estate Division. Should be proactive, able to work independently and as part of a team and be self-motivated. Travel is required.
- Educational Requirements: An undergraduate degree and MBA, preferably in real estate, are required.
- Asset Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.