Loan Portfolio Manager - Dallas, TX
This position will be responsible to develop, lead, and supervise the Portfolio Management staff to ensure compliance with servicing agreements, loan documents, and internal policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include internal approval of recommendations for Lender consent, quality control, training, and portfolio surveillance to minimize Lender’s risk. The ideal candidate will be analytical, disciplined and detail oriented with experience in loan servicing, asset management, commercial real estate underwriting, mentoring, and relationship building. Additional responsibilities may be added as the company grows.
**All inquiries about this position, please contact Maria Sather in HR NorthMarq Capital
Organization & Planning
- Plan and schedule own workload to most efficiently meet daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual benchmarks.
- Create, distribute and monitor reports to lenders, regional offices, and management to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Develop and implement procedures and business processes. Serve as an advisor to various procedure committees.
- Assist with department budget as needed.
Execution and Direction
- Manage staff of loan portfolio analysts (4-7) who are responsible for, but not limited to: borrower requests (partial releases, assumptions, loan extensions, lease reviews, etc), commercial property inspections, annual financial analysis (normalize, underwrite and pro-formas), special reserve escrows/investments, outstanding mortgage payments, due diligence of loan documents and loan set-up, internal surveillance reports and customer service to lenders, borrowers, other servicing staff, and regional offices.
- Direct and motivate staff through daily interaction and work load discussion.
- Develop, train and assess the competency of loan portfolio analysts. Serve as mentor, as well as a resource of technical knowledge.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Director to hire, discipline and terminate staff.
- Provide ongoing feedback to loan portfolio analysts regarding their development and goals, with an annual summary. Analyze annual compensation in relationship to employee’s annual performance.
- Provide premier customer service to lenders, borrowers, other servicing staff and regional offices in a friendly and professional manner.
- Build lender relationships through conference attendance, lender visits, and habitual conference calls.
- Serve on leadership teams and assist with formulation/execution of departmental policies, procedures, projects and strategies.
- Perform quality control monitoring to promote accuracy, identify development opportunities and establish consistency.
- Perform/lead other reasonable tasks/projects as assigned.
Education: Four year degree required, preferably in the finance, accounting or real estate areas.
Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance, accounting or commercial loan servicing with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership or supervisory role. Background in Freddie Mac Multifamily or Life Insurance Company lending/servicing preferred.
Demonstrated Professional Competencies to include:
- Demonstrated leadership abilities - Ability to lead both independently and collaboratively within a team, with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, assignments and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Problem-solving skills to reflect level of responsibilities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy required.
Demonstrated Technical Competencies to include:
- Required knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with commercial loan terminology including a working knowledge of the Freddie Mac Multifamily Guide
- Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations
- Portfolio Management
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years