The Construction Manager position oversees and coordinates all projects related to the renovation and improvement of the company's properties. This includes a wide range of responsibilities from assuring property assets are preserved through sound maintenance, construction, and rehabilitation procedures, as well as complying with company and outside regulations. This individual will work closely with the Investment and Executive team to ensure all properties are maintained as a high level, and renovations are executed in a timely and cost-effective measure.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Acts as Construction Project Manager on Capital Improvement type projects for the company's various apartment properties, redevelopment, and capital improvement projects
- Coordinates, oversees, and monitors project activities to assure that projects are completed within prescribed schedules and budgets, in compliance with Kairos policies and procedures, and in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Develops scopes of work, prepares budgets, solicits bids, and proposals from qualified contractors
- Reviews and analyses the bids and awards contracts, including review and approval of payment applications
- Ensures budget and schedule compliance on all work and projects
- Directs and coordinate activities of designer, consultants, and construction activity with property staff as needed to minimize disruption to residents
- Manages all field construction activities following project approvals and coordinates work with property management team to include phasing, staging and site logistics
- Manages the repair work associated with casualty events, fire/storm damage etc.
- Inspects and signs off on all work and contractor invoices based on assigned dollar limit
- Updates and completes standard company reports
- Conducts periodic surveys of the properties to identify needs and prepares project estimates and budgets accordingly
- Direct and coordinate permit requirements.
- Perform final inspections and prepare punch lists, closed out the project.
- 5-7 years construction experience as a Project Superintendent and or Project Manager
- Strong working knowledge of 3-4 Story; Stick Frame, Type V Vertical construction and older brick buildings for rehab and remodeling projects
- Sound technical knowledge of principles of architecture, engineering, construction, development, and/or finance
- Experienced scheduling and managing site work
- Strong financial/analytical skills
- Strong efficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Commitment to detail, efficiency and organization
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Independent worker and team player
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in construction management, finance, real estate and/or related field
- Willingness to travel
- Facilities Management
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.