Growing, privately-held retail property owner and manager of approximately 2 million square feet of power and grocery-anchored shopping centers in the DC metro area is seeking a highly skilled and self-motivated Senior Property Manager to join our team. The Senior Property Manager will be assisting the Director of Property and Asset Management with the responsibilities of managing, directing, and coordinating operations for portfolio. The Senior Property Manager is accountable to protect, maintain, and enhance the value of the portfolio in order to maximize the owners financial return and for the benefit of the tenants, consumers, and the communities in which those assets are located. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Senior Property Manager will manage all aspects of a single or portfolio of commercial/retail properties and fulfill the manager s obligations under the terms of the property s management agreement. The Senior Property Manager will provide support to the property management team. Primary Responsibilities:
- Work with various property management departments, including: lease administration, property facilities, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and leasing.
- Recommend and justify projects that enhance the value of the property.
- Manage the maintenance and capital projects as noted in the operating budget.
- Responsible for all property correspondence with owners and ensures that objectives are being met.
- Produce and monitor service agreements and purchase orders for materials and services.
- Perform regular property inspections to ensure it meets company standards.
- Coordinate and oversee all tenant and property construction work to ensure timely and accurate completion of all projects.
- Ensure compliance with Property Management Policies and Procedures, codes, regulations, and governmental agency directives.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret complex legal documents.
- Minimize risk by monitoring and managing property, tenant and vendor insurance requirements; claims processing; building security; life safety policies, procedures, and training; and employee safety.
- Develop business relationships through membership and participation in professional, industry/trade, and civic organizations.
- Review and approve property invoices in accordance with budgets and established parameters.
- Preparation of annual operating budgets and reports.
- Preparation of monthly client reports.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating expense reconciliations.
- Build a strong working relationship with each tenant through initial contact at lease signing and regular contact through lease term.
- Assist tenant with their marketing initiatives.
- Handle move-in/out of tenants to minimize disruption to the property and established tenants.
- Monitor tenant sales to analyze performance and recognize tenants that may be at risk.
- Ensure tenants use and lease provisions are being followed.
- Assist leasing in competitive analysis and demographic information.
- Develop annual Marketing budget and plan, when applicable.
- Track advertising plans and coordinate creative media flights, when applicable.
- Plan and execute property events.
- 2-5 years of commercial/retail property management experience.
- Business Administration Degree; CPM and/or RPA candidate preferred.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience in financial accounting in commercial real estate, financial reporting, and budgeting.
- Ability to read, interpret, and fully understand leases and related documents.
- Hands-on familiarity with tenant improvement construction projects; ability to plan, organize, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel.
- Highly organized and skilled with time management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service/tenant relation skills required.
- Available 24/7 for emergency property events.
- Ability to work weekends, when necessary.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.