IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE PLEASE APPLY HERE ON THE MICROSOFT CAREERS PAGE:
Are you passionate about providing a world class employee experience to Microsoft employees and leading & developing a high performing team of business professionals? Do you want to have a significant role in influencing our workplace to attract and retain the best talent?
The Microsoft Real Estate and Facilities Team (RE&F) is focused on empowering every organization and individual at Microsoft to achieve more. There are over 44,000 Microsoft Employees that call Puget Sound home. Our team strives every day to deliver the workspaces and services that enable individuals to achieve their highest potential.
As part of the Puget Sound Real Estate and Facilities (RE&F) team, this role is to execute on a variety of construction projects ranging from retrofits of existing office buildings to large TI’s and new construction as well an infrastructure and road improvements. This position has responsibility for working directly with clients within Microsoft’s Business Groups to deliver efficient, effective workplace-related space through our Intelligent Workplace Program.
You will work on innovative and high-impact business projects, working with our internal business partners, industry experts and strategic vendors to further foster innovation while delivering renowned solutions across our campus.
- Work with RE&F’s Integrator and other key suppliers to deliver construction projects on schedule, within approved budgets, meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- When delivering new workplace solutions, partner with Global Workplace Services and the rest of the RE&F team to execute a change management program that ensures clients are well prepared to occupy their new spaces.
- Oversee the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets for all assigned projects including resource requirements; analyzing process flows for all operational processes relating to assigned projects and recommend changes resulting in cost savings, enhanced customer service, or improved asset management.
- Organize and drive large teams of industry professionals and project support staff towards successful completion of project objectives. Provide leadership in facilitating timely decision-making and integration of key stakeholder groups and required milestones.
- Set clear goals for project teams, assign responsibilities, measure performance and seek and deliver feedback to achieve quality, timely results.
- Develop strong client relationships with Business Group stakeholders. Become familiar with the client’s vision, business strategy and understand their rhythm of the business, organization and performance measures.
- Bridge the gap with client groups in terms of construction and real estate, and represent a client’s best interest throughout design and construction.
- Driving action and decisions, supported by analytical rigor and data, among clients and partner stakeholders by utilizing and facilitating an awareness of business needs and priorities at multiple levels within the company. Proactively engage with clients and partners to solve problems and effectively balance specific client needs with the broader Microsoft interests and the Puget Sound portfolio.
- Significant experience (10+ years) in in construction with at least 3 years working as a corporate real estate professional preferred.
- Bachelors’ Degree required.
- Experience delivering on innovative, new workplace solutions is desired
This role requires a deep knowledge of subject matter including:
- Deep knowledge and passion for construction
- Experience with a variety of project types ranging from tenant improvements to build-to-suits to new, owned construction
- Knowledge of building systems and processes
- Ability to understand the development and interpretation of architectural designs and drawings
- Scope, schedule, and budget control techniques
- Knowledge of industry standard construction procurement and contracting methodologies, with the ability to drive contracting process
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience and ability to engage and manage local jurisdictions and public agencies as required
The successful candidate must have the ability to:
- Impact & influence clients
- Evangelize, communicate and collaborate well at all levels of the company(CRM)
- Lead and motivate large teams
- Navigate ambiguity and drive towards effective decision making
- Communicate at all levels of working relationships
Professional project and program management experience, including strength in:
- Verbal, written, communication & presentation skills
- Process orientation
- Individual accountability and execution
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Corporate Services
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job