Director of Finance
We are a privately held commercial real estate investment firm based in Beverly Hills, CA that owns and operates a diversified portfolio of properties primarily in California and Texas. Our expertise encompasses various facets of real estate investments, entitlement, redevelopment, and asset management across a variety of asset types including multifamily, office, medical office, and land development. We are currently looking to hire a Director of Finance to oversee all financial aspects of company’s operations. Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of asset and corporate accounting functions including joint-venture accounting, property accounting, AP, AR, and Job Cost.
- Develop and implement annual budgets, monthly financial variance reports, operational analysis, and leasing activity reports.
- Prepare lender debt compliance reports and other lender requirements as needed.
- Prepare investor monthly and quarterly reports.
- Prepare monthly loan draws and submit to lender.
- Review and approve the weekly/monthly funding requests from property management companies.
- Analyze investment operations; accurately apply distribution allocations to forecast cash flows and returns, including complex co-invest and joint-venture structures
- Ensure the company maintains a complete set of accounting books and records.
- Review and manage property reconciliations and related reports for monthly, quarterly and annual closing packages to partners and lenders.
- Manage the daily cash management functions, including accounts payable/receivable functions, vendor payments, expense reimbursements, cash collections, cash deposits, monthly bank reconciliation, bank wire transfers and petty cash.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual construction management fees, property management fees, asset management fees and other fees.
- Oversee third party property management accounting teams.
- Support acquisition efforts in sourcing and closing new investment opportunities; assist with underwriting and due diligence on all acquisitions.
- Manage annual insurance renewal process and ensure the company has the appropriate coverage
- Maintain a strong fiduciary responsibility to the company and Joint-Ventures.
- Demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
- College degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, or Real Estate, MBA preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to present to and work with senior management, partners and external clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize workflow and deadlines, self-starter with the ability to work independently with a team player attitude, all while paying strict attention to detail.
- 5+ years working experience in evaluating and underwriting investment merits and risks associated with commercial real estate.
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative). Strong risk assessment skills. Ability to compile, monitor, examine, and audit various financial, performance, and/or data reports for accuracy, integrity, and conformance to performance benchmarks.
- Ability to evaluate and determine property budgets, asset performance and valuations under a variety of scenarios to develop asset management strategies and provide recommendations for changes or enhancements to improve objectives.
- Strong in software applications for real estate investment analysis and accounting review including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Argus, Yardi, and the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and capabilities. We offer a base salary plus bonus depending on the candidate, as well as a full benefits package.
- Accounting / Control
- Asset Management
This job is no longer active.