KIPP LA Public Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 17 schools and serves approximately 7,200 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- The Construction Real Estate Associate supports the Director of Construction Real Estate. The role is responsible for visiting multi-project sites and assisting with the daily activities of building alterations to ensure deliverables fall within scope and budget. The Construction Real Estate Associate participates in the overall technical design and incorporates building standards into projects. He/ She will collaborate with the owner’s representatives in documenting all aspects of assigned projects and maintaining the project as-built database. Candidate should possess strong written, verbal, and organizational skills and manage time effectively. An ideal candidate will have previously worked in architectural drafting, coordinated construction site activities, and be fluent with AutoCAD or other design software.
- Work with Director of Construction Real Estate to organize and manage owner’s reps, and external project teams. Participate in the planning, design development and production of working drawings and construction documents on any given project.
- Assist with regulatory reviews (City, County, Title II/ ADA compliance) for leased and owned facilities; verifying compliance with building codes and regulations.
- Develop comprehensive owner’s project schedules to be shared with project team members.
- Analyze and resolve most field construction issues.
- Review submittals, and RFIs for compliance to organization standards
- Manage QA/QC throughout the life of a project with an emphasis on RFI’s, Submittals and adherence to standard specs.
- Ensure organization procedures and standards are maintained.
- Maintain project as-built database, property & project listing, and ensure project documents are complete, current and filed appropriately.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents and subcontracts.
- Maintain and oversee punch list.
- Manage project closeout with Facilities, and obtain all warranties required for final acceptance.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or equivalent is required
- 5 or more years of experience in design and AutoCAD
- 3 or more years of experience in project management and construction field
- Educational or Institutional construction project experience preferred
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Google Drive
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or other scheduling programs
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Pet Insurance, Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP LA strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, . Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.
- Architecture / Design
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job