KIPP LA Public Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 17 schools and serves approximately 7,200 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- The Construction Project Manager supports the Director of Construction and Real Estate. Role is responsible for the day to day management of capital projects located within owned and leased properties to ensure deliverables fall within schedule, scope and budget.
- Position will travel locally to different sites around the greater Los Angeles area, with intermittent visits to San Diego. Depending on project workload, he/ she will manage strategic individual projects, and will also collaborate with the owner’s representatives on other projects to meet project goals.
- Candidate should possess strong written, verbal, and organizational skills and manage time effectively. Ideal candidate will have previously coordinated activities through design, permit, site work, buildout, and occupancy.
- Work with CRE Director to coordinate, schedule, and monitor activities of owner representatives, contractors, consultants, design professionals, and AHJ inspectors
- Makes recommendations and provides technical information and guidance on construction methodology.
- Manages multiple complex and large-scale construction or other infrastructure projects.
- Participate in design meetings with architectural and end user teams
- Confers and coordinates projects with team members from other departments, outside agencies, community groups, and other organizations. Assist with regulatory reviews in the City and County, verifying compliance with building codes, regulations, and facilitating AHJ approvals
- Develop comprehensive owner’s project schedules to be shared with project team members. Be accountable for maintaining project budgets
- Visits project sites to review work in progress and ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Evaluates and processes change orders as required
- Ability to accelerate process and progress
- Analyze and resolve most field construction issues
- Review submittals and RFIs for compliance to organization standards and procedures
- Manage QC throughout the project with emphasis on RFIs, submittals and adherence to standard specs
- Prepares monthly status and other special reports
- Maintain project as-built database and ensure project documents are complete and filed appropriately
- Maintain thorough understanding of contract documents and subcontracts
- Maintain and oversee punch list
- Manage project closeout with Facilities and obtain all warranties required for final acceptance.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Five or more years of construction experience with three years in an Educational Facility or Institutional Construction preferred
- Working knowledge of a web-based project management system such as Proliance, or Microsoft project
- Requires valid driver’s license
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer-paid KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Pet Insurance, Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP LA strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, . Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.