Real Estate Private Equity Analyst
DLJ Real Estate Capital Partners was founded in 1995 and has managed five real estate private equity funds with committed capital in excess of $4.1 billion and has successfully completed over 200 investments. The firm’s track record spans 23 years and demonstrates a strong understanding of real estate fundamentals and the ability to acquire high-quality assets, create and execute clearly defined value enhancement plans, and exit investments successfully.
DLJ RECP is focused on finding and creating irreplaceable real estate assets in dynamic neighborhoods of major gateway markets with a focus on New York, Boston, and Los Angeles. We believe people want to live and work in neighborhoods that are creative, urban, walkable, and sustainable. DLJ RECP focuses on leading indicators such as growth of a young and educated working population, movement of artistic and creative communities, emergence of lead or strategic retailers, impact of technology and access to public transportation as precursors to an area’s revitalization. Through heavy asset repositioning and ground-up development, DLJ RECP has contributed to and benefited from impactful neighborhood transformations. DLJ RECP’s history in urban redevelopment often provides a competitive advantage in solidifying support from important constituencies including local municipalities and community groups.
DLJ Real Estate Capital Partners is looking to hire a motivated, highly-skilled candidate who would provide acquisition and asset management support for DLJ professionals in the New York and Boston office.
- Creating, maintaining and updating financial models of existing and potential investments
- Assisting in the property and portfolio valuations and return analyses of investments, including calculating realized and projected IRRs and multiples
- Performing sensitivity analysis on asset performance and assisting in making investment and sale recommendations
- Conducting real estate market research and assisting with due diligence of potential investments
- Assisting with asset management functions including property expense reporting, leasing and interfacing with property management teams
- Writing acquisition memoranda to present opportunities to investment committee decision makers
- Updating fund performance reports for internal review, investor relations, and fundraising efforts
- 1-2 years experience at an investment bank, private equity group, real estate firm or a strategic consultancy
- Demonstrated experience with excel-based financial modeling (real estate modeling preferred)
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail
- Significant business writing ability
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- A high degree of dedication and professionalism
- A demonstrated interest in real estate, and specific real estate transaction experience, is preferred
- Argus proficiency preferred
Cover Letter Required
Min GPA 3.0
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.