Mack Real Estate Group (“MREG”) was founded in 2013 by William, Richard, and Stephen Mack. MREG is an integrated owner/operator/developer devoted to managing the Mack family’s capital, institutional capital, and high net worth capital through direct and partnership investments in real property, real estate debt, and related securities. MREG’s principals have over a century of combined global real estate investing experience. MREG has the talent, relationships, and organizational depth necessary to identify, analyze and execute on opportunities globally. MREG is headquartered in New York City and has development offices in Los Angeles and Seattle.
With approximately 240 professionals at its parent and controlled subsidiaries, MREG directly owns or manages approximately 20 million square feet of real estate and has partnership interests in entities that control an additional 60 million square feet. While the company is opportunistic and maintains a flexible approach to real estate investment, the current equity investment focus is on urban multifamily development in high barrier to entry, major US urban markets. MREG currently has approximately 5,000 units under various stages of development.
MREG is a commonly controlled affiliate of Winthrop Management, a real estate management company that provides comprehensive property management and construction management services. Winthrop currently manages over 5,000 rental units and six million commercial square feet on behalf of Mack Real Estate Group, Ares Management, Winthrop Realty Trust, and other third parties.
MREG is currently seeking to hire a Senior Associate to support the Asset Management team in all disciplines of real estate investment, including acquisitions/dispositions, leasing, construction, property management, equity and debt financing, cash flow and financial analysis and reporting. The role requires an in-depth knowledge of financial concepts and rigorous attention to detail.
• Manage daily operation of properties which includes overseeing the property managers in the preparation of budgets, resolving property management matters, and participating in periodic operations and leasing calls.
• Review monthly property management reports to identify, follow-up with, and resolve financial and operational issues.
• Prepare/review analyses, reports, and packages to comply with loan document and operating agreement requirements, including debt service coverage ratio calculations, construction draw requests, and quarterly/annual borrower financial reporting packages.
• Oversee various property-related matters, such as reviewing tenant reimbursement calculations, overseeing the real estate tax appeal process, and other matters.
• Prepare various quarterly asset management reports and write-ups for management, investors, and fund vehicles. Such reports contain market and financial reporting and analyses and investment strategy recommendations.
• Cash flow and financial modeling, including determination of property net cash flow, property valuation, hold/sell analyses, investor IRR, and partner cash distributions and promotes.
• Read, understand, interpret, and abstract legal documents including loan documents, tenant leases, operating agreements, and service contracts.
• Participate in tenant lease negotiations.
• Point of contact for lenders, investors, tenants, property managers, and vendors.
• Support the due diligence process for dispositions and debt financing transactions, which includes coordinating with various parties to obtain, review, and assemble the due diligence documentation to be provided, proactively communicating and following up with the various parties to ensure that due diligence deliverables are being completed in a timely manner, reviewing third-party reports and loan documents, and ensuring the closing occurs in a timely manner.
• Interface with architects, engineers and contractors for capital improvement projects.
• Handle various aspects of the insurance programs for the company’s portfolio of assets, including administration of premium allocations, certificates of insurance, claims, and other matters.
• Other miscellaneous assignments, analyses, and tasks.
• Bachelor degree required, preferably with a concentration in finance
• 5-7 years of work experience in real estate asset management, including financial modeling and valuations, financial and management reporting, budgeting, and market analysis.
• Strong proficiency in Excel and knowledge of Argus.
• Excellent communication, writing/composition, and interpersonal skills.
• Highly analytical and organized, with extreme attention to detail.
• Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize, think critically and proactively, and thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.