Weitzman is hiring a CFO to join its corporate office located in the Uptown area of Dallas. This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is ready to take their career to the next level. As the CFO, you will work side by side with the best, most dedicated leaders in the industry.
The CFO is a collaborative member of Weitzman’s Executive Team and is responsible for providing strategic leadership and subject-matter expertise, proactively managing financial resources, reporting, internal controls, investment strategies, and special projects to position Weitzman for continued growth and success.
- Participate in the development, execution and support of the company’s strategic plans to achieve operational objectives
- Collaborate with senior partners on long-term plans for corporate growth and evolution
- Provide strategic input and support for the financial ramifications of business agreements and programmatic initiatives
- Monitor, analyze and report company’s financial performance while providing unique solutions, strategies, and ideas
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with existing procedures to provide proper, accurate, and timely reporting to investors
- Formulate and implement operational best practices and policies companywide
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and outside tax and audit firms
- Provide leadership, management, and support to accounting and other departments
- Along with the CIO, maintain existing, and develop new, lending and banking relationships
- Provide technical advice and knowledge to others within the organization
- Commercial Real Estate industry experience required
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA preferred
- Background in Big 4 Public Accounting preferred
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage, develop, and motivate staff
- Proactive and collaborative with the ability to effectively partner with executive team
- Ability to think and act strategically; plan for the long-term while balancing the short-term needs of the organization
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Systems implementation experience preferred
- Experience working with internal controls and tax compliance-related issues
- Background in capital market transactions and involvement with equity/debt markets.
- Experience with a family-owned and operated business environment a plus
Follow us on Twitter @WeitzmanTexas, Facebook and LinkedIn for other employment opportunities.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job