The primary responsibility of the Senior Director - Asset Management position is strategic in nature: identifying growth opportunities and advocating value-maximizing strategies within a portfolio; measuring risks and developing strategies to mitigate such risk that preserve and drive property values. The Senior Director of Asset Management coordinates and oversees operational, financial and reporting obligations, as directed, for certain of ShopCore’s investments. The Senior Director of Asset Management also supports ShopCore’s transactions and management teams, as necessary.
As the Senior Director - Asset Management, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Coordinate activities among the Company’s management, operations, transactional, legal, finance and accounting teams to develop and execute property-level and portfolio strategies
- Assume material role in communicating and coordinating with the Company’s equity sponsor
- Assume material role in research, analysis, developing and implementing asset-level strategic plans to drive value creation, including hold/sell analysis
- Engage and direct property managers in development of operating budgets including capital and leasing plans; oversee property level operating activities
- Oversees the quarterly reforecast process including leasing and management strategies; understands and communicates significant variances and when necessary revised strategies
- Develops short- and long-term cash flow and valuation models incorporating current market conditions. Maintains and updates models for significant changes to the market and assigned assets.
- Identifies the impact of how demographics, job growth, competition, tenant credit worthiness and other relevant factors can impact the strategy/value of assets
- Review of financial reports to monitor performance and achieve investment objectives
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc reporting for internal and external clients
- Manages and develops the analyst pool through training and career guidance ensuring their performance is in-line with group expectations
- Assist in economic underwriting and due diligence for acquisitions and transition of acquisitions to asset management
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
- Minimum 7-10 years of commercial or investment real estate experience with 5+ years of Asset Management experience
- Experience with working for a public or private retail investor owner/operator and having significant experience with grocery anchored and community center product. Other relevant work experience could include work as an Asset Manager for a pension fund advisor that owns a significant portfolio of retail assets and is responsible for the operating performance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with external and internal clients
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- Advanced skills in Excel and Argus
- Experience with MRI or other accounting software
- Ability to work well with others; high level of energy, dedication and passion for the business
- Success in multi-tasking while maintaining a strong attention to detail and desire to perform projects and actions with the highest quality results
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple competing deadlines
- Maintaining personal skills and establishing relationships to advance professional networks and facilitate communication both within and outside the company
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High degree of integrity
- Proven ability to expand areas of knowledge and learn new skills as circumstances require
- Network of existing relationships/contacts within the retail field including other owners, developers, leasing agents, and investment sales brokers a plus
- Willingness to travel
General office environment. May require extended hours and traveling.
Limitations and Disclaimer: This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of ShopCore. Because no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility. The Company remains an “At-Will” employer. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Asset Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.