CV Capital Funding, LLC ("CVCF") is a nationwide, commercial real estate direct lender that offers loans for acquisitions, refinancings, restructurings, discounted payoffs, lease-up stabilizations, and other special situations. This position is a great opportunity to learn about the bridge lending business.
Loan Origination Assistant Job Description
- Primary role will support the origination efforts of the Partner/Senior Originator.
- Maintain the company pipeline for all deals being reviewed by all originators.
- Be in daily contact via email and/or phone calls with brokers who have deals pending with CVCF. Calls will include learning the status of a transaction as well as collecting needed property and financial information to assess our interest.
- Ongoing review of all deals that have been submitted. Immediate call and/or email to the broker submitting the transaction. If a decline, you will be briefed on how we wish to communicate declines so as to build relationships for hopefully future submissions.
- Work with Partner/Senior Originator to assess each deal pricing, sizing, and adherence to our credit policies. Once up to speed with our process and risk appetite, you will be expected to do this independently for review.
- In conjunction with our portfolio managers and underwriters, prepare a two-page deal summary for a preliminary approval. If the Investment Committee (“IC”) approves to move forward, you will transition the deal to the portfolio manager/underwriter who will prepare the term sheet.
- You will then send the term sheet to the broker and follow up for execution. Once executed, the deal will be transitioned to the portfolio manager/underwriter for underwriting, IC approval, closing/funding, and post-closing asset management.
- As we sign up new brokers into our database/network (from all of our originators), you will be expected to log in such names onto an excel spreadsheet or CRM software and send a greeting email.
- College degree is a plus.
- Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Candidate should have, at a minimum, a basic understanding of underwriting commercial real estate loans.
- Ability to size a transaction by reviewing preliminary information provided by the broker and/or borrower.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Business Development
Less than 1 year
This job is no longer active.