This position is responsible for the accounting, financial, and investment reporting for a group of funds that invest in Real Estate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly reports, variance analysis, and annual audited financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Liaise with external auditors during the year-end audit process.
- Calculate asset management fees and maintain and calculate waterfall/promote return models on a quarterly basis.
- Complete quarterly investor reporting requirements and debt compliance calculations.
- Provide support to asset management and acquisition teams as requested.
- Provide accounting oversight of property managers and various feeder entities
- Cash management including monitoring of daily cash balances, liquidity needs and processing capital calls and distributions in accordance with the partnership agreements.
- Liaise with internal tax department.
- Maintain track record performance for the Real Estate Platform.
- Ad-hoc client and investment team requests.
- Point of contact for portfolio management team (including distribution and NAV projections)
- Regulatory reporting
- Seven to ten (7-10) years in financial accounting / administration oversight, audit or finance function for real estate companies.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar. MBA with a Real Estate focus will be seriously considered and evaluated. CFA is a plus
- CPA or prior public accounting experience in Big 4 is a plus
- Management and fund experience preferred.
- Tax experience with REITs/Limited Partnerships and foreign investor structures a plus.
- Excellent financial/quantitative skills and fluency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must possess the ability to prepare detailed analyses and to make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations to senior management and investors.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft office applications and use of portfolio accounting and investment tracking systems.
- Accounting / Control
- Asset Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job