Reporting to the Managing Director of Tax, the Tax Accountant will work as part of the tax team to achieve the departmental goals, ensure the timely filing of all tax returns with the IRS and state taxing authorities and deliver tax documents to the investors. Tax knowledge and exceptional organizational skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Review property level partnership tax returns (Form 1065) and works with Senior to provide tax comments to tax return preparer.
- Assist in the preparation of pass-through information (K-1 Summary) including state apportionment, state withholding and state exemption for the funds.
- Post K-1s, tax returns and other tax documents, as appropriate, to Investor Central.
- Maintain tax group inbox, where all tax returns are delivered to ensure all items are properly addressed through working with third party.
- Coordinate the timely mailing and filing of all tax returns. This includes tracking of all electronic filings as well as preparing certified receipts for mailings.
- Track notices received from the IRS or other taxing authorities and assists in the resolution of the notices.
- Support and works on various special projects.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field is required. CPA or Public Accounting experience preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years tax experience required; LIHTC or real estate experience preferred.
- Partnership knowledge and experience preparing partnership tax returns a plus.
- Exposure to multi-state filings helpful, but not required.
- Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and work within specified deadlines.
- Ability to identify problems, collect and analyses data and draw logical conclusions.
- Must possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work extended hours as required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficient in use of Excel and MS Office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Requires a detail oriented, independent thinker who can be a part of a team and demonstrates knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals. Strong work ethic; ability to handle high volume of transactions; works well under pressure/deadlines. Must demonstrate strong writing skills, and eager to learn and grow.
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.