BKM Management Company is a growing firm and we are looking for driven, entrepreneurial professionals that want to grow with us and are passionate about their work. Located in San Diego, California, the Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting in all areas defined as a part of the Property Manager job description. This is a management role that will directly and indirectly supervise individuals, building staff, operations, and coordinate the various functions. Primary responsibilities include ensuring client facilities generate a satisfactory cash flow, maintaining the property in accordance with client standards and requirements, and preserving customer satisfaction.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the office.
- Prepare various documents using Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- General office organization, filing and scanning support.
- Support the property team with various ad-hoc projects.
- Act as Receptionist with answering and directing phone calls.
- Assist Senior Property Manager with lease creation and renewal tracking.
- Code and submit invoices daily through AVID/Yardi.
Assistant Property Management Duties:
- The Assistant Property Manager should be capable of managing the building staff/community in the absence of the Senior Property Manager. This includes being able to perform all managerial functions which are included in the Senior Property Manager’s job description, or as directed by the Senior Property Manager.
- Responsible for invoicing including receipt and processing for payment according to established procedures, including verification of appropriate back-up, coding and vouchering.
- Twice per month accounts receivable reporting with detailed notes outlining collection efforts.
- Weekly collections on delinquent accounts.
- Maintain tenant information database.
- Maintain “Critical Dates” report which lists all tenant anniversaries, lease expirations, options, rent increase dates, etc.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating budgets and reports for the facility.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating expense reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate or other business discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a property management role within commercial real estate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to speak and write diplomatically.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office system.
- Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement.
- Yardi/AVID experience a plus.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan
- Professional Development Resources
- Fun Work Vibe
Selection Process: Don’t fret if you don’t hear from us immediately. We are growing and always looking for talented, hardworking people like you.
What We’re All About:
BKM Capital Partners has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Orange County” by the Best Companies Group and the Orange County Business Journal in 2018. Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, BKM Management Company is a fund manager specializing in the acquisition and improvement of value-add multi-tenant industrial properties in metro areas across the Western U.S. Combining a deep knowledge of this niche industrial product type with in-house capabilities including on-site property management, asset management, and structured financing, the firm continues to build on its proven track record, generating strong results with high levels of transparency and engagement for investors. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years