Associate, Capital Markets
We are working on an exciting new opportunity with one of the largest, private real estate developers in the region. Our client is based in Seattle and is looking to hire a Finance Associate for their Capital Markets team. This position will report to the Executive Vice President, Capital Markets.
The Finance Associate will be a key contributor to the group responsible for implementing our client's capital markets strategies in a manner that achieves and exceeds the investment and business objectives of the company. The individual will lead the analysis related to the structuring, financing and closing of our client's debt and equity financing with total closings projected to be in the $500 million range annually. The Associate will also play a critical role in the analysis and presentation of new business opportunities created through capital markets or via acquisition. Finally, the individual will be a key team member supporting the prospecting for and maintaining of our client's capital markets relationships with firms like JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, UBS, Grosvenor and other leading institutional real estate investors and lenders. The candidate will be expected to have strong financial acumen and a solid understanding of the private and public real estate capital markets. Key responsibilities of the individual are highlighted below.
- Lead all analysis for the structuring and sourcing of the debt and equity capital.
- Participate in and manage the legal and closing process for debt and equity financings, including coordination of due diligence, coordination of legal documentation, closing and funding.
- Prepare detailed financial models documenting debt and equity structures and projected returns for presentation to the investment committee, executive staff and ownership.
- Perform financial analysis and due diligence for other special projects as needed, including analysis of new business opportunities and growth through acquisition.
- 2+ years of real estate or finance experience at an investment bank or consulting firm with a focus on real estate capital markets.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment.
- Lead cross functional business initiatives with support from the group manager
- A track record of experience working on transactions highlighting an ability to contribute to the sourcing, negotiation, structuring, and closing of financings with real estate capital providers.
- An ability to assess and analyze a variety of investment structures and returns, and make recommendations on the most attractive proposal.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of peers, management and executives, both internally and externally
- Outstanding analytical, structuring and finance skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel required. Knowledge and familiarity with accounting and the review of financial statements.
- Strong financial acumen and a solid understanding of private and public real estate capital markets
- Proven ability to think creatively, assess problems and structure and implement solutions with minimal guidance.
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job