DEVELOPMENT MANAGERJL Real Estate Partners (“JL” or “Jair Lynch”) is a Washington, DC based urban regeneration company
that responsibly transforms urban markets into extraordinary neighborhoods. The company is involved
in real estate projects as an investor/developer as well as a real estate advisor/ development
manager to third party clients. Products include multifamily residential either for sale or rental,
commercial and retail mixed-use projects.
A Development Manager at JL is responsible for overall project execution on assigned projects and
ensuring JL consistently meets program, schedule and budget requirements. The Development Manager
will manage for compliance with the project business plan all aspects of the development process,
as well as managing the execution of certain tasks as determined by the project’s Vice President of
Development. Project execution will include due diligence, programming, design, entitlements,
construction, completion and opening, warranty, closeout, project positioning, marketing, sales
and/or leasing oversight.
Depending on project size, the Development Manager will typically work on two to three projects
simultaneously, reporting directly to a VP of Development.
Duties & Responsibilities• Work with the business development team to efficiently assume project leadership upon
transition from finding opportunities (the Sourcing Phase) to securing said opportunities (the
• Manage, with support from the Investment Manager, the Pursuit Phase due diligence and
underwriting analysis as well as the creation of a project business plan and overall
investment rationale, for either an investor or third-party client.
• As required, negotiate purchase agreements, tenant leases, construction contracts, loan
commitments, and equity relationships on behalf of the client..
• Primary responsibility for completing the negotiations of all project
contracts and agreements, including with general contractor, architect, tenant
leases, easement agreements and others specific to the transaction, as well as management of
third-party consultants – including attorneys and construction consultants.
• Participate often in a leadership role in the execution of the project business plan,
including compliance with program, schedule and budget goals requirements.
• Manage procurement of easements, entitlements, off-site agreements and permits.
• Manage the selection, contracting and performance of the project team including, but not
limited to, architects and engineers, counsel, expediters, constructors, marketing and/or sales (if
• Manage design and construction efforts.
• Work with the financing team on closings for project-specific debt, equity, and
other financing transactions.
• Manage brand/marketing meetings during construction/delivery period, including all necessary
lease up preparations, including coordination of tenant improvements (if applicable).
• Coordinate, with the Asset Manager, selection of the leasing and/or management team and
management of weekly leasing meetings and tenant move-ins.
• Prepare and lead presentations and/or tours for investors and lenders.
• Manage regular periodic project operational performance reviews, including budget,
schedule and project business plan compliance.
• Manage regular periodic project positioning reviews, including market analysis,
product review, and latest industry trends.
• Manage preparation and presentation of periodic updates and regular reporting to the investor
or client with support from the assigned Investment Manager.
• Manage the Project Accountant in providing necessary reports on project-level budget versus
actual performance, as well as lender and investor draw submissions and other project-specific
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in a field related to real estate development (i.e.,
engineering, architecture, construction, finance, law or economics).
• Minimum of 10 years of experience managing large-scale real estate development projects,
preferably with experience with institutional equity partners.
• High degree of demonstrated organizational skills and problem-solving ability, specifically
the ability to access resources inside and outside of the company.
• Respect for details and the ability to execute at a high level with significant independence.
• Strong project management abilities, with experience managing internal and external team
members of various skill levels with disparate project responsibilities
• Superior negotiating skills and a personable negotiator.
• Desire to learn and grow professionally.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Project.
• LEED accreditation a plus.
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.