Our client’s Commercial Real Estate Group provides financing to public corporations, private equity groups and individuals owning or acquiring commercial real estate assets across the Americas and Europe. Property types include hotel and lodging, industrial, manufactured housing, multifamily office and retail.
Since 2010 they have consistently been ranked among the Top 5 for Global and US CMBS bookrunner league tables. They have also ranked among the Top in the Global Lead and Co-Managers and Bookrunner of real estate CDOs and re-securitizations categories for several years.
The Los Angeles CRE office originates fixed and floating rate loans on hotel & lodging, multifamily, office, retail, warehouse/industrial and non-traditional property types across the western United States.
The CRE Associate / Junior Vice President will be hired through Situs and work on-site at our client as part of their team. Our partnership with our client spans several years.
This position will support multiple deal teams in the analysis of potential debt origination opportunities and complete due diligence in connection with the financing of properties across all product types. Scope of work will include underwriting, market research, due diligence, obtaining credit committee approvals, and preparing materials for the securitization process.
- Underwrite senior debt financing for properties across all product types per the Bank’s and Rating Agency standards
- Collect and analyze property level due diligence, including but not limited to appraisals, budgets, historical operating statements, borrower and tenant financials, property condition reports, environmental reports, and operating statements
- Structure fixed rate and floating rate loans
- Work with internal and external counsel in drafting and negotiating legal documents
- Present potential transactions to senior management discussing structural issues and pricing strategy
- Prepare quote sheets and loan applications and negotiated terms and structure with Borrowers
- Prepare memorandums for internal credit committee approval and asset summaries to share with rating agencies and CMBS bond buyers
- Work closely Junior Underwriters with some potential oversight responsibilities on specific deals
- Participate in presentations and discussions with syndication partners and rating agencies regarding loan structure, sponsorship, legal, property, market, and underwriting issues
- 4-7 years underwriting experience focused on commercial real estate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent Excel and cash flow modeling skills
- Team player with ability to work on an individual basis
- Strong working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Situs is the premier global provider of strategic business and technology solutions for the real estate finance industry, trusted to evaluate, optimize and manage critical assets and securities: from commercial and residential real estate, to small- and medium-enterprise and consumer lending.
Since 1985, Situs has set the standard in financial services for service, quality and execution.
Situs has offices across the US and Europe and has been involved in more than $1 trillion of real estate debt and equity deals.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
5+ to 7 years