Location: Boston, MA
Position: Vice President – Finance
Our client has an opportunity for a Vice President – Finance for their Northeast Region that includes 24 properties in Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut and Illinois with 4.7 Million SF comprising retail space, office space, and apartments valued at over $2.5 Billion. . The position will be based in their office located at Assembly Row in Somerville, Massachusetts and will be a key part of the leadership team for the region that is responsible for maximizing the value of the existing portfolio and for growing the value of the region through leasing, development, redevelopment and acquisitions. This position will have primary responsibility for the overall financial management of the region.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Strategy and Business Planning – Providing financial guidance for the regional leadership team and be a key part of developing the long-range business plan for growing the region and for executing on that plan while also driving the ongoing financial performance of the region.
- Financial Analysis – Providing analysis of the financial performance of the region, of investment opportunities in new and existing assets for the region and of other ways to improve the overall profitability of the region.
- Financial Reporting and Forecasting – Providing oversight and management of quarterly financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- 10 - 15 years of experience in real estate finance (including investments) and accounting preferably with at least five years of experience providing financial support and analysis for a real estate company
- Business degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
- Highly analytical with a focus on both the big picture as well as the underlying detail
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and to function in a team environment effectively communicating and sharing information with people in other departments within the company
- Past experience demonstrating excellent financial analysis and real estate underwriting particularly relating to capital investment (including acquisitions, development and redevelopment); advanced level knowledge of MS Excel required
- Ability to think strategically for long range planning objectives and provide examples of past experience in this area
- Strong understanding of real estate and accounting principles and retail lease concepts
- Highly organized and efficient with the ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously, think creatively and set priorities
- High Intermediate level skill in Windows applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency in Argus and JD Edwards preferred
Our client is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.