Property Manager - Healthcare Trust of America
Mission Viejo, CA
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) is the largest owner/operator of medical office properties in the nation. HTA is a publicly traded real estate investment trust that acquires, owns and operates medical office buildings. Since 2006, the company has invested over $6.8 billion in medical office buildings and other healthcare assets comprising more than 23 million square feet across 32 states.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Property Manager is a vital role in the company. This position is responsible for the successful day-to-day financial, administrative, and maintenance operations of multiple healthcare related properties within the Northridge, CA market, while assuring the company’s standards are achieved and excellent customer service is delivered. This position works closely with the Company’s corporate office and leasing personnel to ensure operations metrics are met and is integral for setting the portfolio objectives and plans to achieve them. This position will work with Tenants, Building Engineers, other Property Managers, Vendors, Leasing Manager and the VP of Operations to ensure that customer service standards are exceptional. This position will be responsible for A/R and A/P functions, various levels of tenant/vendor correspondence and troubleshooting, contract administration, budgeting, and property inspections. This position requires an individual that is comfortable working within a variety of systems, delegation of tasks, and prioritizing a diverse work load.
- Ensure contact with tenants on a regular basis to assess needs and provide resolution to tenant issues
- Ensure tenant retention through communication and the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Ensure all rents are collected in accordance with property budget and tenant lease terms. Enforce collections process as applicable.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of leases and ensure tenants and management personnel are in compliance.
- Ensure property rules and regulations are honored by all tenants (including managing COIs).
Provide reporting for property operations including:
- developing property level budgets
- tracking work orders
- managing recoverable income
- coding and approving invoices
- reviewing and approving CAM reconciliations
- understanding and reporting income/expense variances monthly
- Apply an understanding of best practices to hire, train and supervise property management personnel and any other reporting employees.
- Assist Leasing Manager in showing space, as needed.
- Act as liaison between maintenance and tenants to assure all maintenance requests are addressed appropriately.
- Understand and coordinate building and building systems inspections.
- Work with Regional Chief and Building Engineers on the development of specifications for contracts and capital items, solicit and analyze bids from vendors
- Ensure that building is in compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Apply an understanding of the tenant improvement process, and monitor the process through completion alongside the Regional Construction Manager
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner suitable for interaction with customers, clients, co-workers and management
Minimum Training and Experience:
- BS/BA degree required
- Commercial real estate professional with 5-7 years’ management experience
- In-depth experience in managing internal real estate teams
- Medical / Healthcare real estate experience is preferred
- Proven ability to manage properties in multiple locations
- Demonstrable experience successfully creating and enhancing value at all phases of a property's life cycle
- Strong skills in budget preparation and reporting, portfolio management, asset management budgeting and strategic planning
- Strong communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to create comprehensive proposals and recommendations
- Comprehensive spreadsheet (Excel) skills
- CA Real Estate Salesperson license required
Experience in the following software is a plus:
- Avid Xchange A/P
- Angus Work Order
- Chrome River Expense Reporting
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job