Sr. Property Manager
White Plains, New York
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) is the largest owner/operator of medical office properties in the nation. HTA is a publicly traded real estate investment trust that acquires, owns and operates medical office buildings. Since 2006, the company has invested over $6.8 billion in medical office buildings and other healthcare assets comprising more than 23 million square feet across 32 states.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Property Manager is a vital role in the company. This position is responsible for the successful day-to-day financial, administrative, leasing and maintenance operations of multiple healthcare related properties within the greater White Plains area while assuring the company’s standards are achieved and excellent customer service is delivered. This position works closely with the Company’s corporate office and leasing personnel to ensure operations metrics are met and is integral for setting the portfolio objectives and plans to achieve them.
- Ensure contact with tenants on a regular basis to assess needs and provide resolution to tenant issues
- Ensure tenant retention through communication and the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Ensure all rents are collected in accordance with property budget and tenant lease terms. Enforce collections process as applicable.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of leases and ensure tenants and management personnel are in compliance.
- Ensure property rules and regulations are honored by all tenants (including managing COI’s).
Provide reporting for property operations including:
- developing property level budgets
- tracking work orders
- managing recoverable income
- coding and approving invoices
- reviewing and approving CAM reconciliations
- understanding and reporting income/expense variances monthly
- Apply an understanding of best practices to hire, train and supervise maintenance technicians, property management personnel and any other reporting employees.
- Act as liaison between maintenance and tenants to assure all maintenance requests are addressed appropriately.
- Understand and coordinate building and building systems inspections.
- Develop specifications for contracts and capital items, solicit and analyze bids from vendors
- Ensure that building is in compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Apply an understanding of the tenant improvement process, and monitor the process through completion.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner suitable for interaction with customers, clients, co-workers and management
Minimum Training and Experience:
- BS/BA degree required
- Commercial real estate professional with 7-10 years’ experience
- In-depth experience in managing internal real estate teams
- Medical / Healthcare real estate experience is preferred
- Proven ability to manage various types of properties in multiple locations
- Demonstrable experience successfully creating and enhancing value at all phases of a property's life cycle
- Strong technical skills in budget preparation and reporting, finance, leasing, operations, underwriting, portfolio management, asset management budgeting, cash flow projections and strategic planning
- Strong communication skills
- Excel in ability to influence others without direct control through consultative selling, effective articulation of ideas, and providing basis for conviction in strategy recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to create comprehensive proposals and recommendations
- Comprehensive spreadsheet (Excel) skills
- Comprehensive skills in real estate accounting platforms such as MRI or Yardi
- New York sales License required; Broker’s license a plus
Experience in the following software is a plus:
- Avid Xchange A/P
- Angus Work Order
- Chrome River Expense Reporting
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job