The Acquisitions Associate will assist in managing the evaluation, acquisition, and, in some cases, rehabilitation of existing affordable housing properties throughout the United States. CDT forms joint ventures with experienced affordable housing operators to acquire and preserve existing income- and rent-restricted (LIHTC, Section 8, etc.) properties.
The primary responsibility for the Acquisitions Associate will be to quickly analyze and underwrite potential investment opportunities and provide CDT’s Community Investments staff with feedback on the potential risks and benefits of each opportunity. For approved investments, the Acquisitions Associate will coordinate with various departments at CDT to ensure a successful closing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with CDT’s senior staff and joint venture operating partners to conduct an initial feasibility analysis for potential acquisitions. Quickly and independently identify whether the property, partner, and business plan for the acquisition are consistent with CDT’s investment criteria.
- Identify and obtain critical due diligence information for underwriting purposes.
- Review and analyze financial statements, rent rolls, loan documents, regulatory agreements, and other due diligence information to underwrite the potential investment.
- Adjust and customize CDT’s Microsoft Excel-based equity investment model according to the unique terms of and business plan for each transaction.
- Identify the most significant risks and opportunities for each transaction and effectively communicate these to senior staff.
- Coordinate third party reports and site inspections.
- Compose Investment Proposals for submission to the Program & Investment Committee.
- Manage the closing process and any required lender underwriting of CDT.
- In some cases, monitor construction progress and process construction requisitions with CDT’s joint venture partners.
- Financial Analysis
- Community Development
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.