Aimco is seeking a Real Estate Research and Finance Director.
The Director provides financial analysis and research supporting the portfolio, capital allocation, and strategy functions. The Director will report to the Vice President of Finance.
Duties of the Director would include:
- Monitors and reports on market conditions, demographic and economic trends, third party forecasts, etc.
- Identifies, evaluates, and underwrites investment opportunities
- Prepares financial projections
- Prepares presentations and reports
- Assists in developing asset level business plans, monitoring business plan performance, and proactively working to maximize value
- Exhibits leadership in partnership with other internal teams such as Redevelopment, Acquisitions, Dispositions, FP&A, and Operations.
Applicant must demonstrate a strong understanding of multifamily real estate fundamentals with at least 7 years of prior experience. The candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to present analysis in a clear and concise manner. The candidate must be a self-starter with a strong desire to work and contribute within an entrepreneurial work environment.
Specific requirements include:
- 7-10 years of experience working in the multifamily industry – preferably an acquisition/development, investment sales, investment banking, valuation or finance role.
- Experience building & operating complex real estate financial models
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Strong desire to grow a career in real estate
- Strong attention to detail as well as the ability to work under strict deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using a 1031 exchange model coupled with an understanding of capital markets and investment strategies and joint ventures is highly desired.
- Master’s degree in relevant field preferred but not required
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
- Due Diligence
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job