Providing experiences is not only our investment strategy, it's what drives our culture.
EPR Properties is the kind of organization that will give you a once in a lifetime experience right in the heart of Kansas City. Our teams are small, full of creativity and collaboration. Come work alongside some of the best in the industry and take your skills to the next level.
Position at a glance: Assist Vice President of Underwriting and Analysis, Segment Heads, their teams, and EPR leadership in researching, structuring, pricing, underwriting, and presenting real estate investments to EPR’s Investment Committee and Board of Trustees.
How does this position contribute to EPR's mission? EPR's rigorous and disciplined underwriting and analysis of transactions is a key component of EPR's current and future success.
Need a deeper dive? Check out the primary accountabilities below:
Perform independent research to inform segment strategy and decision making
- Utilize available tools (CapitalIQ, SNL, ArcGIS/ESRI, Bloomberg, bankers / brokers, internet)
- Build and update internal databases on various asset types
- Gather and refresh market pricing data
- Conduct sub segment and industry specific research
- Build integrated, flexible, and accurate models to analyze industries and investments
Summarize and synthesize research into thoughtful recommendations
2. Transaction Identification
Assist in identifying potential, actionable investments for further inspection (Level 1 and 2 Analysis)
Evaluate the viability of potential investments and make recommendations on pricing and terms
3. Transaction Underwriting
Assist or lead underwriting and due diligence of real estate investments
- Scope and collect information through formal requests & discussions with tenant management
- Analyze historical financial statements at both the property and parent company level
- Perform fundamental and credit analysis
- Evaluate future financial stability of potential tenants and real estate investments
- Conduct accounting due diligence to ensure data relied upon is reliable
- Assess the quality and longevity of real-estate
- Conduct market pricing research
- Make an investment recommendation based upon a cohesive thesis
Develop presentations for Investment Committee and the Board of Trustees
Communicate professionally with internal team members and external client
Perform other transaction due diligence and underwriting tasks as necessary
Ensure proposed transactions create long-term value for EPR’s shareholders
4. Corporate Credit
Complete periodic qualitative and quantitative analysis of EPR’s existing tenants to assist Asset Management and Leadership with portfolio monitoring and decision making
5. Process Improvement
Continuously solicit and incorporate feedback
Develop tools and processes which promote improvement in quality, consistency, and efficiency
Are you qualified? If you meet the below criteria and are excited to join our team, let's talk!
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, real estate, or related field
- Preference towards pursuit of Graduate Degree or relevant certification (CFA, CCIM, or similar)
- 1-3 years of investment analysis in a professional environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform essential functions in a time constrained environment
- Preference towards experience performing essential functions professionally
- Ability to effectively use all devices, equipment, computer systems required
- Ability to communicate via phone, email, and in person
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to visit potential or existing investment
EPR has one of the best healthcare packages, 401k matches, and wellness and tuition reimbursement programs in the area. We value our talent and like to prove it.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.