Gotham Greens is seeking an exceptional assistant project manager to assist with new greenhouse facility development across the United States. This position will be key to the company’s timely execution and budget maintenance throughout the project stages through effective preparation, coordination and management of project tasks. The assistant project manager will be responsible for facilitating the day-to-day coordination, documentation, and reporting for the construction development team. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience working with construction projects, an impeccable attention to detail and superior skills in managing multiple priorities and stakeholders.
Experience in the commercial and industrial construction industry required. Experience in food manufacturing or greenhouse industry preferred but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and highly organized leader to join a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Coordinate and support all construction activities for new developments including but not limited to budgeting, planning and design, project timeline and milestones, service contracting, project implementation oversight and project closure
- Produce project management reporting documents that track the scope of work, budget, and schedule
- Organize and manage construction documents including but not limited to bid packages, requests for information, submittals, punch list, drawing iterations and compliance of municipal standards
- Route, proofread, and track documents developed for signature
- Assist with monthly invoicing, including quantity tracking
- Ensure efficient response for all requests and communication for internal and external stakeholders
- Track project status and manage issues and risks to include evaluation of progress/quality/costs and developing action plans to address gaps throughout project life cycle
- Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Sciences, Construction Management, Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of construction experience in a construction support function in a fast-paced environment, dealing with diverse issues, and managing multiple priorities required. Experience as a Project Engineer, Project Manager, or Estimator a plus
- Experience in project scheduling, project coordination and knowledge of general construction practices required
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, and ability to learn on the fly
- Superior skills in attention to detail and managing priorities within strict timelines
- Responsive with a sense of urgency to ensure project continues to move forward
- Strong relationship management skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding and personal presence
- Ability to maturely handle confidential issues with discretion and diplomacy.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation of sustainable agriculture and food
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is a global pioneer in urban greenhouse agriculture and a leading consumer brand of premium-quality local produce and fresh food products. Gotham Greens’ produce is grown using ecologically sustainable methods in technologically-sophisticated, climate controlled, urban greenhouses. Gotham Greens provides its diverse retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers with a local, reliable, year-round supply of salad greens, herbs and fresh food products grown under the highest standards of food safety and environmental sustainability. The company owns and operates over 170,000 square feet of greenhouse across four facilities in New York and Chicago and currently has 500,000 square feet of greenhouse under development in five US states. Gotham Greens was founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, New York.
We are farmers that live in apartments. Our team is hard working, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative.
Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job