Job Title: Real Estate Accountant
Job Purpose: Prepares financial statements and compiles data used for tax compliance and other third-party reporting requirements. Analyzes and provides information to teams within the organization to assist with decision-making and real estate asset management. Fulfills financial and administrative needs related to real estate operations.
- Prepares trial balance by recording general ledger journal entries, compiling and analyzing account details, and reconciling subsidiary accounts.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions.
- Generates balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reporting as needed.
- Assists with preparation of cash flow forecasting and budgeting.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
- Assists in preparation of tax return workpapers and audits as necessary.
- Manages information flow between accounting system and investor reporting portal.
- Completes other projects as requested to assist in the organization’s overall success.
- Commits to continuous improvement as it relates to work product and professional skillset.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
Skills/Qualifications: Qualifications for the real estate accountant include having strong accounting skills; being able to handle multiple projects in a given time, including during deadline periods; being a self-starter with a positive attitude who is team-oriented; having excellent verbal and written communication skills; exuding a professional presence; and possessing knowledge in Microsoft Office with strong experience in Excel and general ledger exposure.
Requirements: A bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent from an accredited college or university is required, as well as 1 to 3 years of accounting experience. CPA and relevant real estate accounting experience or experience with MRI software preferred.
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job