Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
For an inside look into our company culture, check out: .
About the role:
The Corporate Accounting Analyst is an integral part of the team and will be responsible for accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis and providing general business support for our management company, as well as a portfolio of managed properties. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual GAAP based financial statements with analysis of actual to budget variances
- Manage real estate tax certiorari process
- Prepare annual budget for the management company, update and reforecast on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly reports encompassing data from legal, construction, property management and operations groups
- Responsible for tracking lender debt compliance and preparation of required lender reporting packages
- Prepare internal financial reports and analytics on certain special projects
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual local and administrative tax returns and reports
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of equity distributions
- Prepare and file certain state registration forms
- Upkeep of loan data using our loan tracking software
- Work with outside auditors to complete annual audits and tax returns
- Manage, utilize and be the point person for the accounting team on certain companywide software
- Special projects as required – due diligence on acquisitions, property set-up on acquisitions, new property software programs, etc.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; graduate degree and CPA a plus
- Prior real estate industry experience a plus
- Understanding of GAAP and income tax basis financial statements a plus
- Strong IT skills – Knowledge of MRI, Datex, Argus, Chatham a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the company
- Strong analytical skills required
- Strong MS Excel required
- Willingness to take initiative and complete projects independently in a timely fashion without excessive oversight
- Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Inquisitive mind and desire to learn
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.