Position Title: Project Manager
Division: Grosvenor Americas
Location: Washington D.C.
Reports to: Sr. VP, Development
Direct Report Staff: No
Exempt About Grosvenor Grosvenor Group is one of the world's largest privately-owned property businesses. We develop, manage and invest in property in more than 60 cities globally. We aim to diversify our property portfolio by geography, sector, activity, currency and management teams through our four regional Operating Companies and our Indirect Investment business. Grosvenor Britain & Ireland, Grosvenor Americas, Grosvenor Asia Pacific and Grosvenor Europe operate in a devolved structure model, each being responsible for its own property strategy founded on local experience and assessment of market opportunities. Grosvenor Group's Indirect Investment business is tasked with further diversifying Grosvenor's property related interests beyond the expertise and strategies of our four regional Operating Companies. It invests Grosvenor's capital in Africa, Australia, Europe, South America and the USA. We create, invest in and manage properties and places applying rigorous financial discipline to achieve commercial success. But we do so with the aim of making a lasting contribution, today and for future generations, to the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of the urban communities we are part of and on which our own success is dependent. It is what we call our Living cities philosophy, which guides our activities to help foster thriving places which reflect the spirit of individual cities, ultimately contributing to their enduring success. Grosvenor Americas has been active in North America since 1953 when the company purchased Annacis Island for industrial development outside of Vancouver, British Columbia. The company is structured around three main business activities: Investment, Co-Investment and Development. It operates in Washington, D.C., Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Vancouver and Calgary and takes a particular interest in urban mixed-use property. Please visit for additional information about the company. Purpose of role The Project Manager works in conjunction with the Senior Development Manager to provide construction-related services for all predevelopment/preconstruction activities and provides project oversight for all active construction projects managed by the Washington D.C. team. Key responsibilities To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability needed. This includes the following; other duties may be assigned as needed within skill sets or if additional responsibilities are added.
- Establish strong relationships and reputation within the Washington D.C. industry in order to effectively prepare construction estimates and pre-construction budgets
- Ensure that consultant design direction is achievable per pro-forma budgetary assumptions
- Oversee coordination of the design process from project initiation to completion
- Assist with project modeling/underwriting as required by SVP- Development
- Establish and maintain project schedules
- Establish and maintain project hard cost budgets
- Establish and maintain project design narrative
- Review project drawings and specifications
- Responsible for the procurement process which includes:
- Preliminary sub-trade pricing
- Sole sourcing and/or public tendering
- Preparing contract documents
- Maintain project specific cost control systems
- Review and track shop drawings/submittals
- Lead any necessary value engineering re-design efforts
- Contract administration:
- Reconciliation of Cash Allowances
- Claims management
- Reviews Scope of Work for each trade
- Assist with coordination between Authorities Having Jurisdiction and Utility Companies
- Oversee coordination of as-built drawings
- Oversee commissioning process
- Assist with obtaining any required permits
- Implement warranty systems
- Understand and assist with marketing program as related to site construction (pre, during and post)
- Assist and implement systems for condo purchaser deficiency and warranty claims
- Assist with due diligence of new property acquisitions
- Tour and understand comparable projects in-order to maintain relevant finish selection intel
- Lead communication with construction consultants as needed
- Assist GC with ensuring the project passes all required inspections
- Health & safety
- Ensure that the site and General Contractor complies with legislated and Grosvenor health and safety standards.
- Performs additional duties as requested, as outlined in the Company’s policies and procedures, and will participate in training as reassigned.
- Takes reasonable care to protect their own health and safety, and the health & safety of other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills essential
- Detailed knowledge of construction materials and labor costs
- Ability to fully understand construction drawings and specifications
- Mathematics/engineering with a working knowledge of geometry and trigonometry
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Effective reasoning ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering –or comparable degree in Construction Management or a construction related field.
- Relevant work experience in construction of 10-15 years (field activities and office management) and understanding of construction operations and procedures
- Practical working knowledge of construction operations and procedures including relevant building code
- Basic understanding of electrical and HVAC systems for commercial and residential projects
- The employee is often required to sit for long periods and use their hands and fingers to operate office equipment and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- The employee is required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, lift, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- An office environment with a noise level that is usually quiet to moderate.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
|An Equal Opportunity Employer Grosvenor provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, mental or physical disability, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.|
- Project Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.