IEC - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Founded in 1981, IEC is a California apartment investment firm. The firm invests in value-add apartment projects in California’s best markets. IEC is currently investing a $300m discretionary fund which includes endowments, pension funds, foundations and family offices. Since inception, the firm has acquired and sold over 100 projects in its core locations.
For more information visit:
Interstate Equities Corporation is seeking to expand its Analyst group. As an integral member of our team, Analysts should expect a generalist approach. The primary responsibilities include; supporting the firms’ acquisitions, dispositions, capital formation and investor relations efforts. Working closely with senior executives and other team members, Analysts are encouraged to assume increasing responsibility. The role will split time between offices in the Cow Hollow district of San Francisco and the headquarters in Los Altos.
The primary responsibilities for the role include:
- Supporting the acquisition process through detailed operational budgeting, assessing market comparables and financial modeling
- Preparing investment memorandums for internal and Investment Committee briefings
- Assisting with new business development, including prospecting research, development of specialized marketing materials such as pitch books and tear sheets
- Supporting the investor relations function, database management and maintaining investor records
- Performing financial analysis, supporting asset performance tracking and quarterly reporting for private equity funds
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Passion for Real Estate, previous industry experience in real estate investment
- Attention to detail is critical
- Desire to work in a small team environment
- Sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience with commercial real estate valuation preferred
- Proficiency in developing and maintaining complex financial models
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, understanding of Yardi and CoStar is a plus
- B.S. Degree in Business Administration, Math, Finance, Economics, or Accounting
Compensation: Annual base salary is $75k – $90k depending on the level of experience of the candidate, plus an annual performance bonus based on the candidates’ ability to meet goals and objectives.
- IEC offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Matching 401k contributions
- Health Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.