Analyst will assist the Director of Analytics with the production of detailed asset reports for new commercial real estate opportunities. This position will work with analytical team to ensure accurate review of property operations and underwrite transaction opportunities utilizing a proprietary, affordable housing financial model. Will participate in numerous stages of a transaction, including market research, financial modeling, and the development of the recommended approach for clients in their decisions making process based on their business plan and capital structure.
Greystone Affordable Advisory Services Group is comprised of dedicated experts in the industry. Team members thrive in a rigorous but supportive environment. Superior performance is rewarded and many opportunities for professional advancement exist.
- Create new investment models to evaluate structured investments in commercial real estate opportunities by incorporating market analysis, historical performance and cash flow projections.
- Formulate acquisition, preservation, disposition and recapitalization strategies for real estate client.
- Write, edit and organize work product, including client reports and funding applications.
- Assist in the development of client presentations.
- Industry research, including compiling data, and presenting findings.
- Contribute to the due diligence and closing process review of offering materials, leases, operating statements, development budgets, equity and debt term sheets, third party due diligence reports, etc.
- Work toward the ability to lead complicated, structured transactions from start-to-finish, including presenting to management with a deal level recommendation.
- Participate in weekly pipeline meetings with team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- Three to five years of experience with financial modeling.
- Experience with affordable housing funding sources, including execution strategy that involves the use of 4% and 9% low-income housing tax credits, preferred.
- Have a general understanding of the federal affordable housing programs including but not limited to LIHTC, HAP, HOME, FHLB, and HUD.
- Must understand and abstract relevant information that pose implications to asset’s financial position and (regulatory agreements, loan documents, appraisals, comp reports, operating financials and performance).
- Demonstrate analytical, organizational, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word are required.
- Intellectually curious and with personal Integrity and strong sense of ethics
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job