The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Director of Building Services. The successful candidate directs the design, planning, and maintenance of an organization's facilities and property for OSA and tenants. Supervises and coordinates building maintenance engineering, security, safety, utilities, custodial, waste management, landscaping, extermination, parking and other contracts and programs related to building operations. Oversees daily distribution functions to include postage and all delivery requirements of mail correspondence. Assists with management of conference facilities. Responsible for relationship of building tenants. Responsible for liaison with neighbors and neighborhood facilities-related organizations.
• Plan, schedule, and monitor building maintenance and improvement projects to include mechanical, HVAC, electrical, and other projects related to building operations.
• Establish preventive maintenance requirements and services, maintains equipment inventories, and evaluate new equipment and techniques to ensure operation of building equipment.
• Coordinate internal office moves and staff relocations.
• Responsible for relationship and timely and effective management of Tenants. Oversee and follow-through on all lease agreements.
• Supervise the handling of incoming and outgoing freight, and the distribution of freight at major OSA meetings.
• Supervise the coordination of the shipment of documents and other material to and from of-site storage vendor
• Manage OSA parking garage to include paid, permanent parkers and temporary parking assignments.
• Manage requests from outside clients for conference room rental. Provide capabilities, pricing and logistical support.
• Provide logistical support for all in-house conferences.
• Working with COO and Legal, negotiate the acquisition of outside contractual services to include seeking competitive bids, where appropriate.
• Liaison with outside contractors and vendors for repairs, maintenance, and building facilities support.
• Prepare and compile annual budget reports. Monitor and oversee department’s annual budget. Coordinate accounts coding of departmental invoices and track costs.
• Prepare complex, detailed management studies on a wide range of issues/topics.
• Provide staff onboarding as it relates to area of responsibilities.
• Supervise mailroom (shipping, receiving, related options). Coordinate the day-to-day operation, develops methods to improve efficiency and to control cost of operations.
• Oversee the purchasing of office supplies and other related consumables to ensure OSA receives competitive pricing.
• Monitor the use of postage and other related mailing costs.
• Interact cooperatively and effectively with all internal departments, both individually and as a team member.
• Develop professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars, reviewing professional publications/manuals, and establishing personal networks.
• Maintain contact with outside contractors and vendors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience in facility operations.
• Required Bachelor degree or Associates degree with additional experience.
• Prior successful supervisory and managerial experience preferred
• Certification or training in facilities management
• Knowledge of domestic and international postal regulations a plus.
• Certification or training
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Clear, concise communication, both verbally and written, for technical and management audiences.
• Solid interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
• Demonstrated creativity, initiative, and leadership.
• Knowledgeable of computer software to include MS Office
• Knowledge of building technology equipment operations.
• Knowledge of financial management to include the preparation and monitoring of internal budgets.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and proven ability to manage all phases (service vs structure) of both building and administrative services.
• Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, and devise solutions to problems, to weigh priorities and apply sound judgment to decisions.
• Hands-on repair knowledge/ability a plus.
• Flexible hours as needed.
OSA offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
- Facilities Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.