Job Title: Development Manager
Reporting Relationship: Director of Development and Principals
Compensation: DOE – base salary and bonus
Ellis Partners is a privately-owned commercial real estate investment and development company founded in San Francisco in 1993. Working with a strong group of long-standing private and institutional partners, the firm has successfully acquired and developed assets valued at over $2.5 billion. Ellis Partners has a long track record of success in the acquisition, entitlement, development, renovation and repositioning of office, industrial, retail, residential and mixed use properties in Northern California. Please see our website additional information on current team members and representative projects.
This position will report directly to the Director of Development and Partner in charge of Development and will include regular interaction with members of the development, acquisitions, financing, asset management and accounting teams in a flat, collaborative office environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing design and construction teams for commercial development projects (ground up, renovation and tenant improvements) typically in the greater Bay Area
- Developing, maintaining, and managing budgets from concept stages through project completion and reporting on results to Director of Development, Managing Principals, CFO and Asset Management.
- Coordinating with acquisitions and asset management, tenants (and their contractors) for the estimation, planning and completion of tenanting and capital improvement projects.
- Reviewing and approving invoices for accuracy, completeness and compliance with contract and actual work completed
- Negotiating, managing and monitoring design and construction contracts including change orders
- Interfacing with public agencies to facilitate project approvals and completion
- Drafting RFP/Q’s, evaluating responses and recommending contracts for execution
- Attending various meeting with and preparing various correspondence (written and oral) to lender and/or equity owners reporting on the progress of projects and recommending necessary changes in scope.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 7-10+ years of work experience and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in real estate development or related field such as construction, architecture or engineering
- College degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/architecture is a plus)
- Strong technical background in design and construction of real estate development projects (ground up and/or renovation)- commercial, retail, industrial project experience preferred
- Experience with project planning, entitlements, managing design teams, cost estimating, construction permitting and familiarity with design and construction contracts
- Strong experience in bidding and administration of construction projects, change order procedures and budget controls
- Familiarity with real estate financing, leasing and property management is a plus
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Solid understanding of building systems, construction types/methods
- Hard working, motivated individual with ability to organize and balance a multi-faceted workload in an efficient manner
- Self-starter with eagerness to manage broad range of project responsibilities
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels.
- Computer skills required: Excel, Word and Project
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job