Banner Real Estate Group is a fully integrated real estate operating company based in Northbrook, IL that focuses on the acquisition, management and development of multifamily properties in select Midwest and Sun Belt markets, as well as the development of self-storage and senior living properties in a variety of markets across the U.S.
The Asset Manager position, located in our corporate office, will be responsible for a portfolio of multifamily and self-storage properties nationally. This position will support the Vice President of Investor Relations and the President of our property management division, as well as other stakeholders. This position conducts quantitative analysis of information and communicates the results to various team members and committees at Banner. This position will help drive maximum investor returns through risk management and portfolio optimization.
Primary job duties will include:
- Work with VP-Investor Relations and President, Banner Property Management to support Banner’s operational, asset management, and capital markets activities, as well as investor reporting.
- Proactively manage risk through understanding and analysis of property financial performance, including operating, market, and benchmark analysis.
- Develop and maintain financial models pertinent to asset management functions including hold/sell/refinance analyses, capital planning, and budgeting.
- Collect, compile, and analyze operating data to support executive management’s day-to-day decision making and strategic planning.
- Assess performance of assets relative to original underwriting strategies or business plans.
- Prepare financial reporting to Board of Directors and to capital partners, including quarterly and annual reports to investors.
- Primary point of contact for national third party self-storage manager on budgeting, forecasts, and ongoing operations.
- Perform periodic property site inspections to ensure property performance and capital improvement project progress.
- Develop, maintain, and revise long-term strategic planning tools, models, and reports.
We are looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic team member with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in real estate asset management or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate or Finance
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, including advanced financial modeling skills; Yardi experience a plus
- Basic understanding of commercial real estate investment and development concepts
- Developed quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to switch gears effectively
- Discretion in handling highly confidential information
- Ability to think critically to understand bigger picture behind the numbers and formulate recommendations to the team
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Regular travel
The company offers excellent growth opportunities; we operate in a business casual environment. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, supplemental, 401(k), PTO and more. Please include cover letter with resume (Word attachments preferred). EOE
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
Apply for this job