Venture One is seeking an experienced Analyst for a key role in executing the firm’s investment strategies. This position will report directly to our Principals.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Investments Team and will have responsibility for market research, financial underwriting, and due diligence for investment opportunities within the industrial property sector.
What does the Analyst do at Venture One?
- Plays a critical and visible role in the identification and acquisition of value-add industrial investment opportunities within the Chicagoland and Central Region.
- Prepares comprehensive financial analysis for prospective acquisition and development investment opportunities using Argus and proprietary Excel models
- Implements and coordinates the due diligence process including financial underwriting, physical and environmental investigations, survey, title and legal due diligence; assists in the preparation, negotiation and review of transaction contract documentation
- Conducts macro and micro market research for target markets on a daily basis including monitoring local business and economic trends, logistics and goods movement fundamentals and local real estate market activity
What do we look for in our Analyst candidate?
- A professional, team-oriented attitude combined with a business maturity level reflective of the position, the investments team and Venture One as an organization
- A demonstrably strong quantitative background and a sound understanding of financial analysis concepts including DCF, IRR and promoted interests
- Familiarity with basic commercial real estate concepts and a general understanding of the global business climate, geography and transportation infrastructure
- Attention to detail and intuitive analytical thought processes enabling critical self-evaluation of work product
- Self-starting attitude with an expectation to cultivate their own professional network
What are the basic requirements and expectations?
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or Business with emphasis on quantitative analysis, financial or statistical courses; real estate coursework is preferred
- Excellent computer skills including all Microsoft Office programs with a particular emphasis on Excel. Argus experience preferred.
- Previous exposure to commercial real estate, construction or financial analysis is a plus
- Some domestic travel may be required
Venture One offers competitive compensation with excellent benefits including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a 401(k) with a strong company match.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.