Trevian Capital is a middle market real estate finance company that provides short-term bridge loans for commercial and multifamily properties nationwide. Institutionally backed, Trevian provides bridge loans from $2 million to $100+ million to borrowers throughout the United States whose needs do not meet conventional timing or underwriting guidelines. Trevian is also an owner of garden-style multifamily apartments throughout the United States.
Trevian Capital is a seeking a real estate finance professional to play an integral role in our firm. The focus for the role will be on underwriting, closing transactions, asset/portfolio management, screening/sourcing new debt transactions, investment memorandum construction, and underwriting value-add multifamily acquisition opportunities. The position will offer meaningful work in a wide variety of Trevian's investment activities including portfolio management, loan production/underwriting/closing, acquisition analysis, and asset management. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in sourcing, screening and evaluating bridge loan investment opportunities consistent with Trevian's investment criteria.
- Create, assemble and modify cash flow projection models for stabilized, value-add, and construction transactions on all asset types throughout the United States utilizing excel.
- Utilize judgment as well as internal/external resources to assist the team in evaluating various underwriting assumptions and appropriate pricing/return parameters.
- Prepare and present investment memorandum consistent with the firm's current style and content of institutional quality.
- Assist with the loan closing process and asset management of transactions post investment closing.
- Interact with Senior Management on a daily basis and be exposed to all facets of the industry given the small firm setting.
- Hit the ground running and have the ability to source debt and equity opportunities as well.
- Ownership of financial tracking of assets on a monthly basis and asset management reporting.
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree is a plus.
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience in real estate finance capacity.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with a direct and open communication style.
- Strategic thinker, coupled with the ability to dive into the details.
- Very strong excel skills with financial modeling, IRR lookbacks, waterfalls, etc...
- Ability to shift tasks easily, think quick on their feet, and work in a small firm with a fast pace environment.
- Self starter
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.