Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
The Runner/Investment Analyst will work closely with two brokers to assist in finding new business, provide financial analysis, underwriting and market research. Additionally, the position will be responsible for effectively relaying this information through the production of a comprehensive marketing package.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in the underwriting and valuation of multifamily/commercial real estate using historical financial statements, pro formas and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Assist in cold calling prospective clients.
- Conduct various types of financial analysis including but not limited to: internal rate of return, present value, value-add, replacement cost, residual and rent roll analysis.
- Request and upload updated financial reports for listed properties.
- Track historical Income and Expense data for multifamily properties.
- Analyze performance trends of properties that NKF is actively marketing.
- Update and review multifamily development pipeline and sales for all major markets.
- Review and maintain database of sales and rent comparables within target markets.
- Perform market research and writing of market demographic, economic conditions and area overviews for investment offerings.
- Coordinate with the marketing team in the preparation of marketing proposals and presentations.
- Create offering memorandums and marketing materials for multifamily properties.
- Mapping of market surveys, condo conversions, new sales, new developments, etc.
- Assist brokers and clients with due diligence reviews for properties under contract.
- Provide support to the brokers and perform other tasks/ad hoc analyses as needed
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent experience required. Commercial real estate experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years financial analysis/market research experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Modeling skills a plus.
- Experience using graphic design programs such as In Design a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Real Estate Salesperson license a plus. Must be willing to obtain in the first couple of months.
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.