Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and submit budget(s) and MAP reports, ensuring a high quality of analysis, consideration for the goals of the asset and demonstrating a clear understanding of financial operational variances.
- Manage tenant relationships to ensure tenant retention and a high level of service including timely and complete resolution of tenant concerns, coordinating special services and requests and conducting formal and informal inspections.
- Demonstrate effective management, leadership, coaching and development of a 5-person team to achieve company and department goals and objectives.
- Ensure tenant improvements, common area improvements, and other construction related projects are completed on time and within budget by effectively overseeing all construction projects and ensuring compliance with the construction SOP.
- Provide leadership and direction to and effectively manage relationships with other business groups, e.g. leasing, asset management, to ensure a high level of tenant service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers by: building positive relationships with customers; taking initiative to identify customer needs and provide service that meets or exceeds customer expectations; communicating effectively in person as well as via telephone and email; resolving difficult situations through the use of effective problem-solving skills
- Establish and maintain industry contacts and relationships in the property’s marketplace through involvement in trade organizations, property management and real estate associations and networking opportunities with vendor outreach and peer groups.
- Manage exempt and non-exempt staff, including an Assistant Property Manager, and 3 Tenant Services Coordinators.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong working knowledge of cash and accrual accounting principles for property management in the use of budget analysis, financial statement analysis and the handling of building accounts as evidenced by 7-10 years of experience in a related function.
- 7-10 years of experience managing commercial real estate including multi-tenant projects in excess of 500,000 square feet dealing with building operations, managing staff and service contracts, tenant retention and tenant improvements.
- Strong customer service skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience successfully managing a small team.
- Fundamental understanding of engineering operations and the ability to problem-solve with engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or related field from a four-year college or university.
Ideal Experience & Credentials:
- Active real estate salesperson license preferred.
- C.P.M. or R.P.A. designations preferred.
- LEED AP designation preferred.
- Yardi experience highly desirable.
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.