Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete accounting and finance tasks including: helping prepare the annual budget, preparing monthly MAP reports, and monitoring and coordinating the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes.
- Help facilitate the successful operation of the building by completing property inspections, responding to tenant complaints and service requests, and ensuring the property is kept up to code.
- Manage smaller construction and special projects.
- Complete and/or participate in formal and informal property inspections and compliance audits. Ensure issues and deficiencies identified in formal and informal property inspections are corrected within timeframe agreed to with manager. Effectively coordinate vendor relationships to ensure service expectations and contract obligations are met and costs are within budget and/or opportunities for expense savings are achieved.
- Promptly research, resolve or develop and coordinate action plans to address issues identified in internal and external customer contacts including but not limited to tenants, vendors etc. Clearly communicate with tenants and vendors, follow through to ensure resolution, and make well thought out recommendations for resolution of more complex issues to the Property Manager.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in commercial property management, the majority of which must be in an Assistant Property Manager level role.
- Strong knowledge of cash and accrual accounting principles and processes as they apply to budget preparation, financial statement analysis, building account management, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Experience working in property management and accounting systems and the aptitude to quickly pick these systems up.
- Strong tenant relations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university or a total of 4-6 years of relevant experience.
Ideal Experience & Credentials:
- Yardi experience desirable.
- Experience assisting with tenant improvement and construction projects a plus.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years