At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As a Project Manager/Owner’s Representative for Investments, you lead the successful execution of business plans in major value-add/repositioning projects of large multifamily apartment home communities. You will work with a variety of in-house teams, including Investments, Construction, Design, Architecture, Operations, and Accounting, as well as third parties to oversee multiple redevelopment projects. Here are the roles you’ll play:
- Lead assigned projects from design through construction completion and turn over to Operations team
- Act as the Owner’s representative when attending project meetings
- Lead and/or collaborate in identifying project needs; develop a scope of work or solutions
- Work with project teams to develop and manage project budget from preliminary cost estimates to final project close-out – and project schedule from project planning through occupancy
- Lead project team meetings throughout the course of the project
- Provide owner input to contractors and consultants on questions of design and related issues
- Serve as the link between the Investments, Design, Construction Management, and Operations/Leasing teams to ensure cohesive coordination as well as on-time and on-budget completion and lease-up of complex projects from conceptualization to buildout
- Liaise with project teams to effectively manage the plan, design approvals, special project logistics, budgeting, permitting, construction of new projects, contracts, operations, leasing, etc.
- Work directly with Investment Managers and the Director of Investments to develop and execute the business plan and the project roadmap for each redevelopment project
- Prepare reports, documentation, and information related to capital projects on an as-needed basis.
- Review RFIs and applicable submittals as needed for Owner input; provide directions or recommendations
The Task Master
- Oversee and collaborate in developing effective scope change and value-engineering alternatives while maintaining project and business plan integrity
- Monitor and verify construction progress to ensure work is in accordance with design, schedule, and budget; perform due diligence walks and site visits to assess property conditions and provide direction to construction
- Provide a monthly executive report that contains the status of the project, including budget, general contractor change requests, potential risk, contingency and allowance reconciliations, project schedule (including design, construction, and lease-up), project update, and cash flow
- Review and approve AIA industry-standard documents and contract documents
- Maintain all records for capital projects in an organized manner
The Impact You Can Make
- Your projects are completed on time, within budget, at the highest quality, and with a green emphasis.
- The operational success rate for the projects you manage have never been higher, thanks to your close attention to detail and excellent recommendations for improvement.
- Everyone feels like they’re on the same page thanks to your unique ability of communicating effectively with all levels of associates and management.
Your Building Blocks of Success
- Strong 5+ years of experience in real estate, specifically project management, construction management, or Owner’s representative function
- Experience in AIA documents, construction draw forms, and other construction- or lender-related documents; experience in large multifamily or hospitality renovation projects preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, construction management, real estate, engineering, architecture, planning, design, related major, or equivalent experience
- Stellar organizational and time-management skills with demonstrated skill in managing multiple large projects simultaneously
- Proven project management skills for each stage of construction and renovation
- Ability to read, understand, and visualize design and construction drawings and related specifications
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
The Cortland Difference
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please call .
Cortland is a drug-free workplace.
Cortland participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of all persons hired to work in the United States.
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.