Black Creek Group is an experienced real estate investment management firm that has bought or built approximately $18 billion of investments over its 25-year history. The company manages diverse investments across the spectrum of commercial real estate – including office, industrial, retail and multifamily.
The company has nine offices across North America with more than 300 professionals. Black Creek Group offers a range of investment solutions for both institutional and wealth management channels.
Black Creek Group is a place for people who are driven to achieve, are never content with the status quo and who value collaboration and communication. We believe that if you love your job, it doesn’t feel like work.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at or our LinkedIn Page at .
This position will be responsible for asset management responsibilities for multi-tenant office properties within the DPF (Diversified Property Fund) portfolio. Responsibilities include supporting the oversight of the day-to-day operations of each assigned asset including property operating and capital expenses, third-party providers, accounts receivable, lease provisions, financial analysis, and general support of senior asset management personnel. Such responsibilities directly affect the key operations of the business.
- Perform valuation and sensitivity analysis (Argus and Excel) and recommendations for potential leasing transactions and redevelopment / repositioning opportunities
- Review, audit and summarize third-party appraisal reports
- Work with asset management personnel to ensure all leases are financially structured to maximize profitability for the daily NAV model while minimizing risk through financial modeling and analysis relative to underwriting, budget and market conditions. Such analysis includes the comprehensive review of tenant financial statements including P&Ls, balance sheets and statements of cash flows.
- Ensure accurate and timely submittal of management reporting on the portfolio: review of monthly third-party reports as well as assisting in the compilation of internal asset management portfolio reports
- Participate in the creation of the annual business plans and valuation creation strategies for office properties
- Execute the annual budget process, including assistance in the preparation and completion of annual business plans and related revenue and expense budgets, marketing plans, and valuation models
- Perform Argus and Excel based financial analysis modeling for assigned assets
- Conduct ongoing, quarterly property and portfolio level occupancy and NOI re-forecasts
- Work with asset management personnel in the disposition of existing assets within the office portfolio
- Responsible for assisting the disposition team on the sale of office assets, including valuations of the assets, creation of a due diligence website and collection of any documents pertinent to the sale.
- Professionally represent DPF to the broader real estate community (e.g., brokers, bankers and other service providers)
- Complete special projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree with undergraduate coursework in business, finance, accounting; with a strong understanding of real estate finance principles
- Financial background in real estate or finance preferred
- Proficiency in Argus Enterprise in a working capacity; Argus certification a plus
- Proficiency in Excel including lookups, index match, pivot tables
- Outstanding academic credentials
- 3-5 years applicable work experience preferred
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret and create real estate documents including, but not limited to, LOIs, RFPs, property offering memorandums, market reports and tenant leases
- Excellent written and communication skills preferred
- Advanced PowerPoint and Word skills preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years