Analyst, Multifamily Asset Management
San Francisco, CA
Stockbridge is an established real estate investment firm with over $14.9 billion in AUM across a wide range of investment strategies and asset types across the U.S with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago.
This position is part of the Core and Value-Add (“CVA”) platform, which includes both funds and separate accounts with multifamily asset strategies ranging from core to value-add to ground-up development. The analyst will work on a lean, bi-coastal multifamily team directly supporting a Vice President covering all major West Coast regions, including: San Francisco, San Jose, Southern California, Seattle, Denver, and others. The analyst will also help support a Vice President covering Mid-Atlantic markets. The Analyst will work closely with the Asset and Portfolio Management Teams and occasionally with the Acquisition Team. This is both a qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are necessary. Multifamily property types will be analyzed and monitored.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and update financial models in Excel and/or Argus for existing assets and portfolios including (1) analysis of leasing, financing, budgeting, joint venture and hold/sell decisions and (2) internal rate of returns, time-weighted returns, sensitivity tables, property valuations, cash-on-cash returns and various other return metrics.
- Assist in preparation and review of asset-level annual budgets and portfolio-level annual strategic business plans for clients.
- Prepare preliminary internal asset valuations, using a discounted cash flow and/or direct capitalization approach, for Investment Committee review and participate in internal quarterly valuation meetings.
- Coordinate asset appraisal process, review quarterly appraisals for accuracy and provide feedback to appraiser.
- Prepare quarterly reports including review and understanding of rent rolls, returns, operating statements, legal matters and capital expenditures.
- Review and analyze quarterly operating performance of owned assets.
- Interface with sales brokers, property managers, portfolio analysts, lenders, operations/accounting teams, legal counsel, clients and other market contacts to obtain information pertinent to existing assets as well as pursuit and disposition efforts.
- Assist in disposition process, including preparation of return metrics and sales rational for Investment Committee review, interfacing with sales brokers and legal counsel, and coordinating closing and post-closing efforts.
- Work with the Accounting Team to ensure that operating results and other reporting requirements are completed accurately and on time by operating partners.
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- Candidates should have one to three years of real estate industry experience, preferably at least one year working specifically on multifamily assets.
- Computer proficiency with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and preferably Argus.
- Experience with financial modeling with an understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, time-weighted returns and present value/discounted cash flows.
- Strong writing skills as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.