The Affordable Housing Underwriter will support the overall origination and underwriting process for affordable multifamily housing. The Underwriter will work independently and report to the Portfolio Manager/Director of Risk Management and Vice President of Investments. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Screen new loan and investment opportunities
- Perform due diligence, underwriting, structuring and closing of new loans
- Monitor the performance of the existing portfolio
- Evaluate, size and price new loan opportunities.
- Interact and correspond directly with borrowers throughout the underwriting process, including issuing a loan commitment and reviewing loan submission packages.
- Perform market and financial analysis, including cash flow and waterfall modeling on newly sourced transactions.
Review and analyze legal documents, operating agreements, loan documents, financial statements and third-party reports.
- Prepare Investment Committee Memos to highlight credit strengths and risks pertaining to transactions, including loan structure, cash flow, valuation and market information.
- Assist with deal closings and transition to asset management.
- Assist with asset management, including financial statement analysis, investor reporting and perform site inspections.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and create presentations as requested by senior management and/or investors.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks.
- Ability to work independently, think critically and solve problems.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Market competitive salary with performance-based bonus and attractive benefit package.
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.