Supports the acquisitions and operations team with financial analyses and analytical reports related to acquisitions, asset management, finance and fundraising. Responsibilities include focusing on the financial modeling and due diligence efforts for value-add and new acquisition opportunities along with additional special projects and ad-hoc analyses for decision-making processes. Collaborate with various departments to ensure information is presented accurately and synthesized clearly to provide required data to execute decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Create business models for review by acquisitions team including risk assessments, pro forma models and operational forecasts.
- Accurately prepare extensive financial modeling including sensitivity analysis to support asset and portfolio level decisions
- Accurately prepare financial analyses for potential value-add acquisition projects, including various investment and return scenarios.
- Based on qualitative research, create budgets to verify assumptions and recommendations to provide data in support of acquisition decisions.
- Understand and assess different sources of data to ascertain challenges to determine strategic outcome of investment.
- Collaborate with consultants, development and asset management teams to determine underwriting assumptions.
- Identify key risks and prepare preliminary deal summaries for potential acquisition investments to formulate a “next step” decision process to present to management.
- Conduct comprehensive research to identify competitive market trends, economic conditions, key demographics and incorporates input from external sources to project assumptions.
- Produce and analyze financial reporting for capital projects to ensure accuracy, insight and cost saving controls.
- Support annual budgeting and quarterly actuals/forecasting activities.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, as requested.
- Create investment presentations and marketing collateral materials for internal and external audience.
- Partner with finance team to create lender and appraisal packages.
- Develop best practices to standardize reports and manage workflow.
Other duties, as assigned.
- Strong understanding of financial systems and models with solid analytical acumen.
- Detailed understanding of all stages of a project lifecycle.
- Proactively communicates with clarity and focus to ensure delivery has the appropriate impact while actively listening to others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate to various level audiences.
- Self motivated and ability to work well in a team environment but also to takeinitiative and work with limited instruction.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and abilities, demonstrating confidence inbuilding and effectively maintaining positive relationships.
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job