Georgetown’s Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate prepares you with the foundational skills and industry insights needed for success in today’s real estate industry. You’ll benefit from a comprehensive and hands-on curriculum that integrates case studies, focused coursework, and practical, real-world application in Washington, D.C.—one of the world’s top real estate markets.
Led by a faculty of seasoned industry practitioners, our courses examine contemporary real estate practices with an emphasis on leadership development. You’ll leave the program with a 360-degree perspective of the modern-day real estate industry and the well-rounded expertise that today’s market demands.
Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate in 4 tracks:
The Georgetown MPS in Real Estate places more emphasis upon the financial, international, public sector, infrastructure, and entrepreneurial aspects of real estate than most other graduate real estate programs. The program:
• Offers a wide variety of courses that are relatively specific and mirror modern-day practices in today’s real estate industry.
• Focuses on real estate investment management as well as transactions.
• Emphasizes private sector real estate but also places substantial emphasis upon public sector real estate, which constitutes 20% of all real estate and merits serious educational treatment.
• Integrates real estate development and finance, bridging the gap between direct experience with real estate assets and financing real estate.
• Incorporates construction into the overall curriculum, stressing that real estate professionals must thoroughly understand construction, and that construction professionals must thoroughly understand general real estate practice.
• Concentrations Include: Real Estate Development, Global Real Estate, Real Estate Finance and Construction Management.
*This information is based on the school's 2016/2017 program and may not reflect changes, updates or deletions to the programs.