Department: Barings Alternative Investments – US Real Estate Equity, Western Region
Title: Real Estate Acquisition/Asset Management Associate
Location: El Segundo, CA
Barings is a $325+ billion* global financial services firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients and customers. Through active asset management and direct origination, we provide innovative solutions and access to differentiated opportunities across public and private capital markets. A subsidiary of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with business and investment professionals located across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
*As of June 30, 2019
Acquisition Functions: (Report to Regional Head of Acquisitions and Acquisitions Officers)
- Underwrite and analyze potential acquisitions by using complex ARGUS and Excel cash flow projection models.
- Communicate with investment sale brokers to identify and evaluate acquisition opportunities.
- Supervise and direct analyst efforts on acquisitions.
- Evaluate economic, demographic, and real estate market data for potential acquisitions.
- Oversee the preparation of acquisition investment briefs and related support material.
- Coordinate due diligence process, including legal, financial and physical reviews.
- Provide support for acquisition financing.
Asset Management Functions: (Report to Regional Asset Manager and Asset Managers)
- Coordinate quarterly valuation process with asset managers, regional asset manager and chief appraiser.
- Maintain valuation models for assigned assets, including updating with new leases as they are executed and adjusting market assumptions and valuation parameters as appropriate. Review external appraisals and work with asset managers to reconcile valuation issues.
- Supervise and direct analyst support of asset management function.
- Assist Asset Managers with annual business plans, quarterly reports and quarterly valuations.
- Assist Asset Managers with dispositions, including compilation and dissemination of due diligence information.
- 3+ years of commercial real estate investment analysis experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a business, finance or real estate emphasis.
- High level of proficiency in ARGUS Enterprise and Excel.
- Established network and strong relationships with professionals in the institutional real estate industry in western markets.
- Familiarity with commercial leases, purchase agreements, joint venture structuring and loan documentation
- Strong quantitative and computer background
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Must be able to work independently while still functioning well in a team
- Develop strong and effective relationships both internally and externally
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to manage to aggressive deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Asset Management
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.