The Director/Sr. Director, Portfolio Management will interface with various internal and external parties to bring about the efficient operations of several multifamily and senior housing development and value add funds and separate accounts in support of the Portfolio Manager, including areas of: acquisitions, asset management, portfolio analytics and performance reporting, accounting, legal, and capital markets. Request, produce, evaluate and present information to the Portfolio Manager and other audiences in support of these tasks.
- Participate in the execution of strategies designed to meet the performance goals of each account by working with the various internal functional areas and external service providers and collaborate with the Portfolio Manager on the progress of the stated investment objectives.
- Participate in the process of identifying and evaluating potential investment opportunities for the different development and value-add strategies and assist the Portfolio Manager with the underwriting and investor approval process.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager with on-boarding approved acquisitions and developments into their respective accounts. This includes communicating the client’s strategy and investment objective to asset management and the operating partner, developing and maintaining necessary checklists, and ensuring adequate resources are available to properly execute the business plan.
- Monitor property operations, monthly budget to actual variances, and the business plan implementation at each investment and make recommendations to the Portfolio Manager of required revisions, if necessary.
- Manage the quarterly valuation process and the annual business plan review with asset management for approval from the Portfolio Manager.
- Support the Portfolio Manager in launching new housing programs and strategies in collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Coordinate capital calls with the Global Investment Group.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager with client reporting requirements.
- Monitor cash management.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager with any operational tasks and projects as they arise.
- Additional duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, USAA Membership eligibility, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related business field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 10+ years of work experience in institutional private equity real estate investing, acquisitions, development, or accounting with a deep understanding of multifamily and/or senior housing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the value creation process at the property level.
- Deep understanding of real estate valuation metrics and benchmarks.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Argus.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing internal and external processes.
- Ability to travel.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in different job title.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk, and use business equipment daily such as computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.; frequently required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
- Portfolio Management
10+ to 15 years