The Atlanta BeltLine is the largest public infrastructure redevelopment program in Atlanta’s history that includes 22 miles of light-rail (streetcar) transit located in the Atlanta BeltLine corridor, 33 miles of trails, over 1,200 acres of new parkland, 46 miles of new streets and streetscapes, public art, 1,100 acres of brownfield reclamation, and the creation of more than 30,000 jobs and 5,600 affordable housing units in the neighborhoods surrounding the underutilized railroad corridor. In addition, ABI is committed to advancing equity and inclusion within the organization, along the corridor, and throughout all program and projects.
The Senior Asset Manager will have dual roles to both efficiently manage ABI’s portfolio of assets and also to creatively leverage ABI’s assets to support the overall implementation of the Atlanta BeltLine vision. An effective Senior Asset Manager will have the asset management experience to develop and implement a comprehensive asset management strategy for the Atlanta BeltLine, a persistent work ethic to ensure prompt resolution of asset management issues by all of ABI’s various internal and external asset management partners, and an entrepreneurial attitude to help ABI better utilize its existing and future assets. The Senior Asset Manager will report to the Director of Real Estate and Asset Management but will consistently collaborate with every member of the ABI team and a wide variety of external parties.
- Build and strengthen professional relationships with asset management partner executives at the City of Atlanta, Trees Atlanta, Invest Atlanta and other asset management partners.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive maintenance and management strategy for ABI assets, including establishment of best practices for internal and external parties.
- Manage transition of assets from construction phase to operations phase.
- Manage all aspects ABI’s Property Management contractor and other vendors for maintenance of ABI assets, from procurement, to contract negotiation, to contract management.
- Effectively manage maintenance issues as they arise by working with ABI staff and asset management partners to obtain bids from qualified contractors, monitoring their work, and providing direction when necessary.
- Routinely make field visits to confirm asset conditions, investigate issues, and make connections with neighboring property owners.
- Create asset management budgets and track expenses.
- Collaborate with ABI’s Economic Development team to activate ABI assets to generate funds for Atlanta BeltLine programmatic implementation.
- Negotiate license and access agreements for use of ABI assets for filming, parking, restaurants/patios, Atlanta BeltLine trail connections, etc., and perform certain contract management obligations.
- Negotiate right of entry agreements and temporary construction easements for use of ABI assets for adjacent development projects.
- Oversee the receipt of certain building and administrative permits from the City of Atlanta for ABI assets.
- Ensure that special events and volunteer efforts on ABI assets are being effectively tracked.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Business, or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- License for Property/Asset Management preferred
Experience and Required Skills:
- 6+ years’ experience in asset/property management or related real estate field.
- Proven experience with developing and implementing asset management strategies.
- Experience negotiating licenses/leases and land use easements.
- Experience with the film industry, particularly location scouting practices.
- Experience with managing a large portfolio of assets.
- Ability to spend at least eight hours per week outdoors in both fair and inclement weather conditions and navigate rough terrain.
- Demonstrates creativity and strategic thinking related to asset utilization.
- Ability to read land surveys and construction documents.
- Experience with transitioning assets from construction phase to operation phase.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workflow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, especially in the area of communicating with a variety of stakeholders, including the general public, contractors, public sector employees, and developers.
- Ability to efficiently complete all required tasks, issues, projects as outlined in this Position Description.
- Proven experience working with MS Excel.
- Experience with generating professional quality maps and graphics.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be given consideration.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by November 29, 2019.*
*Cover letter required
Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.