Property Management Advisors (PMA), a retail shopping center focused property management firm (a division of Red Mountain Group) is searching for an experienced retail Property Manager to join our corporate office in Santa Ana, California, conveniently located near the 5 and 55 freeways.
The Property Manager is responsible for the overall operations of a portfolio of out of state properties and directing the Assistant Property Manager. Primary duties include insuring accurate billing and collection of revenue, the efficient management of expenses and repairs, minimizing liability, administration of lease terms,providing accurate & timely reports and maintaining a strong relationship with clients, tenants and vendors.
The Property Manager must “Think like an Owner”. This position will be servicing a multi-state portfolio across the United States. Occasional overnight travel is required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with leasing staff and ownership
- Be the main point of contact for tenants, addressing concerns and building relationships with them
- Quickly responds to tenant & property maintenance requests
- Functions as the Landlord’s representative with tenants and vendors. Responsible for maintaining a positive, professional, cooperative relationship with all. Be very visible and available to tenants.
- Maintaining the physical asset including hiring and scheduling maintenance vendors for property work orders, bidding work, and recommending repairs/improvements to ownership. Coordinates the ordering of maintenance requests and monitors the performance of contract services. Follows up to insure timely completion.
- Oversee property/tenant improvements and Cap X projects
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports, annual operating budgets and CAM reconciliations
- Manage A/P and A/R for the properties
- Abstracts all leases and understands major clauses affecting the operation and income of the property
- Enforcement of leases and CC&R’s
- Handles new tenant move-ins and coordinates with tenants as necessary.
- Responsible for executing the on-boarding process of new properties
- Monitors tenant sales reports and communicates to owner and leasing agent positive or negative trends which may affect tenant’s success. Insures tenants are reporting as required.
- Conducts timely site inspections/walk-throughs of properties
- Mentors, trains, supervises and inspires staff
- Meets deadlines set by management and ownership, working diligently to complete tasks on time
- Responds to after hour property or tenant emergency calls
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work independently & productively
- Ability to problem solve
- College Graduate preferred
- 5 years minimum experience as a Property Manager with a commercial real estate management company – retail experience. (residential experience is not a match for this position)
- Experience managing out of state properties is preferred
- CPM or CSM designation desired.
- Strong communication skills.
- Possess a high degree of organization.
- Capable at handling multiple tasks and working with several people at once.
- Great leadership skills. Able to mentor and inspire those around them.
- Adept at anticipating problems and issues, determining possible solutions and implementing a plan of action.
- Proficient at MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Yardi and Avid Xchange.
- Real Estate License.
- Clean valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Clean background check.
Local Candidates Only - No Relocation Assistance is provided with this position
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job